Middleweight mystery, Bispings next fight?

Hall90

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Obviously Whitaker was next but now he's apparently out til 2018 who is next?

Mousasi could have been but he's in Bellator (probably kicking himself now)
all top 5 contenders are coming off loses apart from weidman who has 1 win.

I'd say it's looking likely it's GSP again?
Bisping must be really happy how all the cards have lined up for him.

Romero just fought for an interim title where the fight was basically won in the last half of the last round resulting from a slip. Not saying Whitaker wasn't going to pull it off anyway, but it is what it is. Romero is the only legit MW standing ready to take the fight. I don't think Whitaker would care one bit either. He's already beaten Romero, If Romero beats Bisping that's a fight Whitaker already holds an advantage in just based off recent history.

GSP isn't deserving over Romero or even Rockhold

Romero just fought for an interim title where the fight was basically won in the last half of the last round resulting from a slip. Not saying Whitaker wasn't going to pull it off anyway, but it is what it is. Romero is the only legit MW standing ready to take the fight. I don't think Whitaker would care one bit either. He's already beaten Romero, If Romero beats Bisping that's a fight Whitaker already holds an advantage in just based off recent history.

GSP isn't deserving over Romero or even Rockhold

How is GSP not deserving?

I'm thinking the UFC gives him Weidman. I don't think Bisping would take the Romero fight and GSP is supposedly not an option.

How is GSP not deserving?

He's been retired for a few years and is a former WW, he's done nothing EVER at MW, in fact he's avoided the division his entire career. He should beat a top 10 MW before he's allowed near that belt after this long layoff.

I would love nothing more than the deserving Yoel to get it.

How badass would a rematch with Whitaker be after Bis got KOd

If Whittaker is out it should be Romero.

Bisping wants Weidman, And he is supposedly the biggest draw, so it could actually happen, even if he should have at least 3 more wins before he deserves a shot.

He's been retired for a few years and is a former WW, he's done nothing EVER at MW, in fact he's avoided the division his entire career. He should beat a top 10 MW before he's allowed near that belt after this long layoff.

GSP is a legend who decimated his division and won like 12 fights in a row before retiring. The timing is perfect to allow GSP to come in an get a title shot, there is literally nobody in the 185 division who deserves it. Who would be getting screwed over for a title shot?

I remember Couture coming back after retiring and losing twice to Chuck at MW to get an immediate title shot and nobody cared, because it was Randy Couture.

GSP is a legend who decimated his division and won like 12 fights in a row before retiring. The timing is perfect to allow GSP to come in an get a title shot, there is literally nobody in the 185 division who deserves it. Who would be getting screwed over for a title shot?

I remember Couture coming back after retiring and losing twice to Chuck at MW to get an immediate title shot and nobody cared, because it was Randy Couture.

You can argue with it all you want, GSP deserves NOTHING outside of a shot at his old belt! End of story. Bisping is just lobbying for the easiest fight he can get, and GSP thinks it's the easiest title he can get.

A guy who just lost 2 weeks ago? No it shouldn't be....

Yes it should be.

Weidman doesn't deserve shit after nearly getting decapitated by a welterweight.

Romero is the guy but I'll take GSP over Whineman, if it comes down to those two.

No thanks.

A retired former WW goat that has been retired for almost 4 years isn't more deserving than any 10 top middle weight who has put in the time and dedication at MW in my opinion. The MW division has been stalled ever since Bisping won the belt. Enough is enough.

Couture fought in a different time and even he didn't deserve some of those title shots.

You can argue with it all you want, GSP deserves NOTHING outside of a shot at his old belt! End of story. Bisping is just lobbying for the easiest fight he can get, and GSP thinks it's the easiest title he can get.

So who deserves it?

I would argue that GSP is the best candidate based on his career.

No thanks.

A retired former WW goat that has been retired for almost 4 years isn't more deserving than any 10 top middle weight who has put in the time and dedication at MW in my opinion. The MW division has been stalled ever since Bisping won the belt. Enough is enough.

Couture fought in a different time and even he didn't deserve some of those title shots.

I would agree if there was somebody in the top 5 that was in line for the shot, but there isn't. Romero lost, Jacare lost, Rockhold is booked and Weidman is 1-3...

You want to go outside the top 5 instead of a super fight when the timing is right?

G-S-P

gsp-canada.jpg

This guy will be fighting for the MW title next

So who deserves it?

I would argue that GSP is the best candidate based on his career.

Romero deserves it every bit as much as anyone else, and moreso than a retired welterweight wierdo who was gifted his last victory by corrupt judges.

I would agree if there was somebody in the top 5 that was in line for the shot, but there isn't. Romero lost, Jacare lost, Rockhold is booked and Weidman is 1-3...

You want to go outside the top 5 instead of a super fight when the timing is right?

There isn't one because ever since Bisping won the belt the division has been stalled. All the middle weights had to jump through hoops and eliminate each other while Micheal Bisping got to fight Hendo, then claiming injuries multiple times, tried to get a fight with GSP on two or three occasions, tried to fight Diaz/Tyrone and then an Interim belt had to be created.

He had plenty of opportunity to fight Jacare, Moose, Yoel but took the ducking route. I think he should not be rewarded for this.

Yoel and Whittaker fought for the interim title and now Robert deserves a shot at Micheal Bisping before anyone else. To simply put it, the champion shouldn't be allowed to actively fight if their is an interim belt.

The whole division waited on Micheal Bisping this entire time. So now Micheal Bisping should wait for the interim title holder to get healthy just like the whole middle weight division waited on him.

Back