Remember when UFC Fan Boys bashed Pride for Freakshow fights?

Hank30

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Where did all of that venom for freakshow fights go?

UFC has champs fighting guys out of weight classes and boxers. Jones wants a fight against a pro wrestler. GSP taking years off and getting title fights at weight classes he never competed in before. I love Hendo be him getting a title shot and gegard mousasi couldn't.

Even the worst WME decisions are nowhere near freakshows such as these:

Pride-Never-Die-Free-Fight-Giant-Silva-vs-Minowa_624926_OpenGraphImage.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
blog-13-main-picture-freaks-1014x487.jpg

If you want to compare the comeback title fight (which might not be the best decision, I'll give you that) of one of the greatest of all time to Giant fucking Silva, be my guest. But I don't buy into to the Japanese MMA circuit.

hqdefault.jpg

If you want to compare the comeback (undeserved, I'll give you that) title fight of one of the greatest of all time to Giant fucking Silva, be my guest. But I don't buy into to the Japanese MMA circuit.
466621668.jpg

Anybody who hates on Japanese SUPER HLUK bouts should be tarred and feathered, and should just hand in their man card.

Ikuhisa_Minowa_1001125.jpg
43f93ca8_medium.jpg

The difference is no UFC fans liked or defended CM Punk fighting. Pride fans to this day will argue that crap like Giant Silva and Butterbean "had its place".

You guys liked shitpiles mixed in with your MMA. It's understandable, just don't pretend like it didn't happen.

It's 2017. An 0-0 boxer is going up against a 49-0 boxer and the under/over line on the PPV buys is 4.99 million.

I like to be entertained... what can I say?

cyborg fighting a women is pretty big freakshow fight imo

hqdefault.jpg

If you want to compare the comeback title fight (which might not be the best decision, I'll give you that) of one of the greatest of all time to Giant fucking Silva, be my guest. But I don't buy into to the Japanese MMA circuit.
None of these were title fights

Jones wants a fight against a pro wrestler WHICH ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. GSP taking years off and NOT getting title fights at weight classes he never competed in before.

Corrected for accuracy. Your 3 examples contained 2 fights that never happened.

For the record though, I have no qualms with breaking up the monotony with fan friendly stuff here and there. MLB, NFL, NBA has the All Star Game. NCAA used to do exhibitions with the Harlem Globe Trotters, There's the MLB Japan All-Star Series. Nobody complains about these. Furthermore, I don't care if a title is on the line. If a freakshow can win the title they deserve to be champ.

Corrected for accuracy. Your 3 examples contained 2 fights that never happened.

For the record though, I have no qualms with breaking up the monotony with fan friendly stuff here and there. MLB, NFL, NBA has the All Star Game. NCAA used to do exhibitions with the Harlem Globe Trotters, There's the MLB Japan All-Star Series. Nobody complains about these. Furthermore, I don't care if a title is on the line. If a freakshow can win the title they deserve to be champ.
GSP was booked an advertised so. Attempted Murder is still a crime. Booking a freakshow fight that doesnt happen doesnt undo it.

Back