How much of an advantage is steroid-use in the UFC?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember a while ago there was a fighter who tested positive for estrogen blockers and I heard that it was used to mask steroid-use and/or when someone was cycling off of steroids.

This started me wondering, how much of an advantage is steroid use in the UFC?

'Everybody's on steroids'
-kenny florian

Coming off them can turn you from being a dominant champ, to a slow and soft gatekeeper between fights. Check out Chris Weidman's record before and after USADA testing was introduced:
20170727_183901.png

Coming off them can turn you from being a dominant champ, to a slow and soft gatekeeper between fights. Check out Chris Weidman's record before and after USADA testing was introduced:
20170727_183901.png
Level of competition seems to have went up.

Much more powerfull, but your cardio is slightly weaker.

Its really funny. I remember when the trt stuff was starting to come out intially in the late 2000s, this place CRUCIFIED every fighter who was caught

Than people started to realize that everyone was juicing in pride and the golden era of the ufc and now all the sudden peds are ok because everyone was taking it and the fights were better.

Just kinda funny

big enough that fighters risk careers,reputation, and arguably health for the edge it gives. So i'd say pretty damn big. especially for battleworn fighters.

tldr: trtbelfort v belfort

Taking steroids allows you to recover from injuries wayyyyy quicker which enables you to train more and harder...which will help you to improve as a fighter

It's not going to make you superman right away but it will enable you to become superman way quicker

The reason you see people become crap after getting off steroids is because they become more fragile, which forces them to train less. Also, losing confidence is huge in sports as well.

Last edited:
Its really funny. I remember when the trt stuff was starting to come out intially in the late 2000s, this place CRUCIFIED every fighter who was caught

Than people started to realize that everyone was juicing in pride and the golden era of the ufc and now all the sudden peds are ok because everyone was taking it and the fights were better.

Just kinda funny
Apparently ok for everyone not named Cyborg...

You sir clearly do not understand the power of the juice. Steroids benefits you in the way you structure your training. If you train for endurance, it will help you with endurance. If you want to train for strength, it will help you with that too. If you want train for explosive eye poking skills, it will also help you with fast twitch explosion and help you become a champion too

Steroids is basically magic. It's incredible the things steroids can do. 2 weeks at the gym with steroids = one year at the gym without steroids.

It could be the difference between being a contender and a champ

With EPO, GW, and boldenone in the equation, not to mention higher RBC count from testosterone? Lol you need to do some research m8

Back