Top MMA Trainers predict and break down Jones and DC - ESPN

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ainers-break-predict-daniel-cormier-jon-jones

"Daniel Cormier versus Jon Jones is one of the best rivalries in the history of mixed martial arts. Pretty amazing, considering they've fought only once.

Including this weekend, the UFC has booked this matchup on five occasions. The rivalry dates all the way back to 2010, when Jones told Cormier he could take him down during their first introduction.

Whether the bad blood ends this weekend or it proves to be just another chapter to the saga, ESPN asked some of the brightest minds in the game for their thoughts on Saturday's rematch at UFC 214 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California."

Trainers include Robert Follis, John Kavanagh, Firas Zahabi, Mike Brown, Jason Parillo, and other top tier guys.

TLDR:
Follis - Hard not to pick Jones
Kavanagh - Heart says DC, brain says Jones
Zahabi - It'll be close
Brown - Jones but it'll be closer
Parillo - Don't count DC out
Buchholz - Clash of styles, Jones
Roufus - Unless DC changed a lot, Jones takes it
Hooft - Jones again

If Jones wins I'd love to see Jones tell him "Now I'll beat you at HW so you don't have the weight cut as an excuse." so we can see if Jon can handle him without the weight cut. If he can I'd wager a bet that Jones starts picking his way toward a title fight at HW. It's what we all ultimately want to see.

If Jones wins I'd love to see Jones tell him "Now I'll beat you at HW so you don't have the weight cut as an excuse." so we can see if Jon can handle him without the weight cut. If he can I'd wager a bet that Jones starts picking his way toward a title fight at HW. It's what we all ultimately want to see.
200w.webp

I dislike Jones immensely but if I had to bet money on the fight I would have to bet on him for all the reasons mentioned in the article.

I generally don't let the opinion of " experts " sway me from my thinking. I'm pretty sure I'm just as good at breaking down a fight. And predicting a winner.

So, I just go with my own counsel. Look how many of those assholes took Cabo Nate in the re-match.

I usually don't even read, or watch this stuff. But, I took a look at the spoiler.

I usually don't even read, or watch this stuff. But, I took a look at the spoiler.
Yeah that's why I included it, for those that don't really care about the "experts" in their analyses but want to know where they stand at the end of the day. A lot of the things they said are pretty obvious, I mean I thought the same thing about Jones's mindset going into this and I doubt it's a unique or enlightened perspective to think that.

It's rare that these guys ever say anything that's new.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ainers-break-predict-daniel-cormier-jon-jones

"Daniel Cormier versus Jon Jones is one of the best rivalries in the history of mixed martial arts. Pretty amazing, considering they've fought only once.

Including this weekend, the UFC has booked this matchup on five occasions. The rivalry dates all the way back to 2010, when Jones told Cormier he could take him down during their first introduction.

Whether the bad blood ends this weekend or it proves to be just another chapter to the saga, ESPN asked some of the brightest minds in the game for their thoughts on Saturday's rematch at UFC 214 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California."

Trainers include Robert Follis, John Kavanagh, Firas Zahabi, Mike Brown, Jason Parillo, and other top tier guys.

TLDR:
Follis - Hard not to pick Jones
Kavanagh - Heart says DC, brain says Jones
Zahabi - It'll be close
Brown - Jones but it'll be closer
Parillo - Don't count DC out
Buchholz - Clash of styles, Jones
Roufus - Unless DC changed a lot, Jones takes it
Hooft - Jones again

They're right, you know.

Unless Jones tripped and fell off a cliff he should win. Everything outside brute strength favors Jones

Not true...DC has him beat at corny lines, by far.

<36>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back