UFC FN Rockhold vs Branch same night as Canelo vs GGG?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why did WME/UFC schedule Rockhold vs Branch on the same night as Canelo vs GGG? Does WME not care about ratings anymore?

I can't see that show doing well ratings/gate wise with all the attention/eyeballs Canelo vs GGG will be receiving. I know what event my friends and I be watching that night. UFC busted a WSOF (scheduling events same day as UFC PPVs).

Thoughts?

Fckng dumb*ss

sorry I'll watch GGG Vs Canelo and DVR the UFC

Something free to watch if you are a cheap ass

The Middle Aged Hobo is much more alluring than GGG or Can-elo.

david-branch-pre-wsof-30-video.jpg

WME/IMG allowed their golden goose to go fight an exhibition boxing match in which he most likely gets embarrassed...I don't think they understand wtf they are doing. Booking this fight on the same night as the biggest boxing match of the year is just another example.

UFC almost always puts fights on the same day as big boxing cards.

Rockhold though I think is still getting punished for the Bisping fiasco.

Goldenboy will be scrambling to reschedule the boxing match now that UFC has a card on the same night...

GGG vs Canelo is the best match up of the year for any combat sport. I'll definitely be watching that with my popcorn ready. This isn't even a compelling match up. Don't know what the UFC was thinking.

UFC almost always puts fights on the same day as big boxing cards.

Rockhold though I think is still getting punished for the Bisping fiasco.

What Fiasco? WME love having Bisping as their champ

I love how THIS is the thing that finally convinced some people that maybe, just maybe, WME is in over their heads. <45>

Two of the UFC's biggest ppv stars going head to head with boxing.

Sounds like the Emanuel Clan is counting on a crossover audience!

"And if you enjoyed seeing Conor McGregor embarrass himself for 36 minutes, tune in to UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Branch!"

Because they think McGregor will kill boxing and people will tune in for UFC's B rate fights than boxing's A list.

who cares about limited fighting. rockhold is where it's at

also, rockhold is fighting a guy w ho's not even in the top 10. if there's any event to "burn" putting up against a potential big boxing match, it's thsi one

knowing me i'll end up watching canelo vs ggg and it'll be boring while luke gets ko'd by a guy idk and the card is exciting as hell

Back