Yoel vs Bisping would be ridiculous

lalaland

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How is this fight a good idea? Yoel just lost an interim title fight to Whitaker. It would be absurd to reward him with a proper title shot. Especially since Bobby Knuckles is going to fight for the belt once his knee heals up. You can't make Whitaker beat Yoel back to back to win the title. That doesn't make any sense.

Who do you propose as an opponent, Weidman coming off one win? Anderson?

This shouldn't have to be said, but there has been a resurgence of the Yoel clamoring. Weidman would be worse though.

It's a clusterfuck and they brought it on themselves. And I blame GSP for some of it.

Strangely enough, we find ourselves, once again, needing Nick Diaz.

He was supposed to fight Bising in the first place long time ago, and now came off from a close fight with Whittaker where no one really dominated the other.

If anything, Yoel took out Whittaker till 2018 while himself left unscathed.

The Count does the same thing to Yoel that Bobby did, but over five rounds. We just can't wait for Bobby to get better though.

Then you get nothing, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this fight a good idea? Yoel just lost an interim title fight to Whitaker. It would be absurd to reward him with a proper title shot. Especially since Bobby Knuckles is going to fight for the belt once his knee heals up. You can't make Whitaker beat Yoel back to back to win the title. That doesn't make any sense.

The UFC historically given title shots to fighters who are coming off licenses.

Dana would let Yoel leapfrog to the front because thinks Romero-Bisping's would sell best.

This shouldn't have to be said, but there has been a resurgence of the Yoel clamoring. Weidman would be worse though.

It's a clusterfuck and they brought it on themselves. And I blame GSP for some of it.

Agreed with most of this, except for needing Nick Diaz.

Bisping would soundly beat him, and it wouldn't be a fun fight to watch.

Which is why the GSP fight makes sense...giving Romero a title shot after he just lost his interim title shot is dumb, even by UFC standards.

Isn't Nick coming off 2 losses, an NC and 2 1/2 years of inactivity? Not to mention no top wins at MW, all of which sounds a lot worse than Yoel...

He can fight Bisping for the interim belt, then Whittaker for the real one next year

also who gives a shit about 'he just lost wah wah', what matters is making the best fights and getting the best ratings, and Yoel would bring both of those for Bisping

The UFC title fights have lost meaning a while ago. Whoever fights Bisping, that sells the most, is what will be chosen.

IMO Bisping struggles against most top MWs, including Weidman.....and Anderson. Romero, Rockhold, Whitaker and Jacare would all be favourites against Bisping.

I'll take Yoel, a legit MW contender, over GSP (a retired welterweight) any day.

Yoel should have gotten that shot anyway a long time ago. Gus got a shot after a fucking ko loss. Why shouldn't Yoel get one.

Gustafsson had a title shot from a loss and Romero is top3 and true contender that should have fought for the belt anyway.If Robbie can't,then only real answer is Yoel Romero.What a punishment for Bisping would that be after everything.

Yoel's run is a bit overrated anyway. Jacare was an obvious draw at best, Chris is 0-3 versus the current MW elite and Whitaker beat him with no controversy.

The UFC historically given title shots to fighters who are coming off licenses.

Dana would let Yoel leapfrog to the front because thinks Romero-Bisping's would sell best.

It has happened in the past (Gus vs Cormier), but it's always a bad idea and made worse in this case by Yoel having just lost to the next title challenger. How do you justify making Whitaker beat Yoel twice in a row to win the MW title?

Who do you propose as an opponent, Weidman coming off one win? Anderson?

I would prefer if they just waited for Whitaker, but Chris or Luke (assuming he beats Branch) are slightly less bad options than Yoel, since they would at least be coming off a W rather than an L and are fresh matchups for Bobby.

Isn't Nick coming off 2 losses, an NC and 2 1/2 years of inactivity? Not to mention no top wins at MW, all of which sounds a lot worse than Yoel...

I'm amazed Bisping isn't calling for this fight TBH. Either he's not aware of this or he's taking the art of ducking to the next level.

I would prefer if they just waited for Whitaker, but Chris or Luke (assuming he beats Branch) are slightly less bad options than Yoel, since they would at least be coming off a W rather than an L and are fresh matchups for Bobby.
True about Luke, but what if Branch beats Luke? That would be great for the Middle Aged Hobo!

david-branch-pre-wsof-30-video.jpg

Wouldn't be the 1st time it's happened and it's hard to argue anyone else deserves it more than Yoel. It would also be an epic build up.

They should have kept Mousasi. They could have the GSP fight afterall, then have Whittaker fight the winner. By that time Romero/Weidman/Rockhold will be due for a shot depending on how things go down.

Back