Mystic Chael predicts the winner of Cormier vs Jones

mirellale

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sonnen believes Jones will get the job done at UFC 214. Furthermore, the Oregon native is confident he'll do so in easier fashion than he did when the two men first collided back in 2015.

"When a younger fighter beats an older fighter and then they rematch...the younger fighter wins again only easier," Sonnen told FloCombat. "That is the rule of fighting and holds true in boxing, wrestling or MMA. You would have to go back and search two decades to find a scenario where that didn't happen.

"There is a meaningful gap in their ages and their first fight wasn't close. A lot of people forget that but it was not close. I had it 5-0 to Jon Jones and the official judges had it 4-1. It was not a competitive fight. It was fun, and Daniel tried, and by Jon Jones standards next to [Alexander] Gustafsson it was his closest fight, but he still won by a large margin. And to make believe that with age and time Daniel caught him somehow is a big leap.''

So bet the house on DC lads.

Fullstory: http://www.flocombat.com/article/59498-chael-sonnen-jon-jones-beats-daniel-cormier-easily-at-ufc-214

Chael on the comeback streak. He picked Bobby Knuckles.

He's legit the most decorated fighter of all time and the undisputed P4P GOAT, but he makes awful predictions.

DC pls though

The tally of 49-46 is slightly deceptive in the sense that the first three rounds were indeed competitive, even if Jones won two of them (and I agree with that).

DC doing a little bit more in R1 and R3 could have flipped the entire fight, even with Jones charging ahead in R4 and R5, and winning the fight "on the whole".

Round-by-round scoring can be tricky. Sort of like how a team can win a best of 7 series by barely winning 4 games, even if they get blown out in the other three and score fewer runs/points over the course of the entire series.

All that being said, I actually think Chael is basically correct. I think Jones wins a straightforward and uncontroversial UD.

Fuck what Chael has to say about this! DC going to get it done!!!

but it was competitive and Shael's pick is based on that & age while he doesn't believe in ring rust = grain of salt

Great... Now I feel like DC might actually have a chance.

In two decades, the older fighter hasn't won a rematch? I wish I had time to research that...

Stipe vs Dos Santos technically counts as Stipe was the older fighter

DC cucks are resorting to superstitions now to convince themselves that their boy's gonna win.

xUSUSM5.png

<JonesDXSuckIt>

USDA is undefeated.
DC in round 2 stoppage once jonny gases...

Next
Rematch full camp OSP vs Jones II

Back