Demian Maia WILL submit Tyron Woodley at UFC 214

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Maia pushes Tyron Woodley against the cage, Tyron tries to explode out, Maia takes his back, RNC or rinse repeat

AND NEW!

Demian-Maia.jpg

I actually like Tyron Woodley but I want Maia to win a belt before he retires

Maia's defensive striking is underrated. If Maia doesn't submit him then this fight might suck. Sorry to say :(

KO for Woodley
Backpack could just lose a boring 5 rounds decision if he is lucky and the audience is not

Five round decision.

Maia hasn't been finished since 2009.

What do you like about Maia? Hes alright.

I love BJJ and watching Demian Maia fight is a goddamn thing of beauty. Seeing him represent BJJ like he has makes it impossible to not root for him

Predicting that the best BJJ guy at 170, and possibly the entire UFC will get a submission victory? How bold.

Predicting that the best BJJ guy at 170, and possibly the entire UFC will get a submission victory? How bold.

I'm not trying to be edgy, but I've been hearing a lot amongst the MMA community that Woodley is a terrible matchup for Maia. We'll see

I'm not trying to be edgy, but I've been hearing a lot amongst the MMA community that Woodley is a terrible matchup for Maia. We'll see

Well he can be a terrible matchup for Maia, and Maia could still get a victory.

Personally I think Woodley is a bad match for most guys that aren't elite strikers. He can stuff take downs, hit take downs, deal big damage on the feet, and on the ground. And he's quick as hell. Maia can win it, but he better hope he gets a hold of Tyron in the first round while they're both dry.

Back