Der Eisbär

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EdsHz-.gif

tumblr_o77uelhclD1vu6duzo5_400.gif

Cyborg-1.gif

Shertards gonna shertard!

I think it was delusional Rousey fans who believed that. There's a reason why Rousey never wanted to fight Cyborg. Not at 145lbs, not at a catchweight and not at 135lbs. Rousey and her team knew that Cyborg would blow her the fuck up with them hands. I guess Rousey chose Holm thinking she could walk through her like a hot knife through butter.

I think it were delusional Rousey fans who believed that. There's a reason why Rousey never wanted to fight Cyborg. Not at 145lbs, not at catchweight and not at 135lbs. Rousey and her team knew that Cyborg would blow her the fuck up with them hands. I guess Rousey chose Holm thinking she could walk through her like a hot knife through butter.
there were numerous delusional rousey fans before the holm knockout

I don't know if you recall but Ronda knocked a couple bitches out COLD, and whenever it went to the ground she was looking for the armbar and usually got it... she beat girls up in sub 1 minute times consistently... maybe I speak for myself but her loss to Holly was pretty shocking. Even in retrospect.. Holly hasn't looked that good since, or even before.

I would have said she beats Cyborg back then to be honest, or at most it would be a pick em fight. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, Ronda fell off quickly, brutally and surprisingly.

Everyone on Sherdog was saying Cyborg destroys Rousey. You must be thinking of some other site.

There was a time when it was not unreasonable to think that.

Nowadays,....

{<RR}

I don't ever remember that being the narrative of sherdog, I do remember it being heavily debated. but lets be fair, hindsight is 20/20. At those times ronda showed little to no signs of weakness or slowing down.

A big issue is IMHO how Rousey fights, if she trys to slug it out as she did latter in her career then Cyborg, if she goes for the takedown more than I don't think Cyborgs takedown defence has ever been that great. These days Rousey might well be done mentally of course and lose anyway she fights.

I don't ever remember that being the narrative of sherdog, I do remember it being heavily debated. but lets be fair, hindsight is 20/20. At those times ronda showed little to no signs of weakness or slowing down.

Oh, she showed plenty of weaknesses. A lot of people just chose to ignore that because of how dominant she was.

Oh, she showed plenty of weaknesses. A lot of people just chose to ignore that because of how dominant she was.
Exactly most people on here knew she literally just ran at people in a straight line throwing haymakers until she got the clinch. We just weren't confidant the ladies at 135 could exploit that fact.

No. Outside white knights (which there was a shit ton) the MMA universe knew Cyborg would crush Ronda.

Like you said, there were a SHIT TON of white knights, and I had to debate these clowns 10 to 1 a lot of the time. Fuck, they were annoying as shit.

I would have said she beats Cyborg back then to be honest, or at most it would be a pick em fight. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, Ronda fell off quickly, brutally and surprisingly.

Then you were a retard. Sorry.

Don't feel bad. No one's perfect.

I'm pretty sure that was never the consensus around here, TS.

Back