Prime Bas Rutten vs Alexander Gustafsson

kingghidrah

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Ken Shamrock thread got me thinking about how much of a fighter's reputation lies on how pathetic his decline is. In Shamrock's case, his career was more decline than highlight. He had a few good/great years, went to pro wrestling, and sucked when he came back to MMA.

Bas on the other hand had no decline at all -- he essentially quit at his peak.

So does Gus vs. Prime Bas end up different than Gus vs. Prime Ken?

Tall and pretty like a model wins.

Bas is a bad ass, but there's not much on him outside of Pancrase. He only fought in the UFC a couple of times. That said, his finish of Kohsaka was a thing of beauty. I'd have to give it to Gus for his size and mma evolution.

Up next: Prime Tank Abbott vs Alexander Gustafsson, followed by TS being swallowed whole by his neckbeard.

If Kevin Randleman had JUST A BIT better coaches or at least trained with someone else than just coleman he would be the GOAT. He was a legit monster. Great genetics (yeah, roids did their job too..). Imagine someone like him stepping into the octagon in age ~25 in present. Man...

Could be an interesting fight on the feet, but Gus would most likely get it to the ground if the striking is even, where he'd rape Bas.

Would be a fun striking match for sure. Could see it looking like Gus vs Jan

bodyactionsystem.gif

If you train with the BAS, you too could beat Gus.

I ll be leaning towards El Guapo by sub.

imagesCAKNSP2B.jpg

Like I said in the other thread, Gus would have to resort to groundfighting to get the win. I believe Bas would land a few strikes on the feet and Gus would be forced to shoot for the takedown. Bas is a much more versatile and much more powerful striker. Gus would have to try to GNP him on the ground

These threads, with one guy from the 90s vs one recent guy, there are just stupid.

prime bas w/modern training w/a good camp , coach and training partners would put up a good fight w/gus.

prime bas w/modern training w/a good camp , coach and training partners would put up a good fight w/gus.

exactly...w/modern training w/a good camp....this is why you cannot compare Fedor with Jones with Marco Ruas, Wanderlei with Rumble with Cormier etc.

Doesn't have to do with decline for me, but the match-up peak vs peak. Gus has developed fantastic TDD and he's a much better striker than Ken. Bas' weakness was TDD and Gus tends to take everyone down, so he'd likely just take Bas down and win a decision. Bas had a good guard but it's unlikely he'd sub Gus from the bottom, as Gus is rarely in trouble when on top. But Bas has his chance on the feet.

Back