Was anyone surprised to see how much bigger Maia was compared to Woodley at the staredown?

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Hoping the Brazilian Backpack pulls off the upset, dude's been at it a long time.

poQn7Fs.jpg

taller yes

much Bigger ?

Not really.

But yeah, I think maia take this.

Can't wair for Gsp Vs maia!

Nah not really. Maia fought at middleweight for the guts of his career and Woodley is a lightweight-sized welterweight. Woodley will pretty much always be the smaller fighter at welterweight.

Woodley blitzed the shit out of Condit who is much rangier than Tyron

Maia's size is only an issue if he gets a hold of him

Height =/= size.

I'm the same height as Mark Hunt but he is 2X my size, Woodley is not "much" smaller than Maia when he is one of the heaviest WWs.

Maia is a former MW and Tyrone is a legit manlet... but year I was still kinda surprised at just how drastic the difference was

Maia's head being twice as big also adds to the effect, reminds me of the Fedor/Bigfeet staredown lol

Nah not really. Maia fought at middleweight for the guts of his career and Woodley is a lightweight-sized welterweight. Woodley will pretty much always be the smaller fighter at welterweight.

Lightweight-sized welterweight??

He's short for the division but very heavy and probably the strongest WW.

Woodleys head is just smaller, woodley will look huge on fight night.

taller yes

much Bigger ?

Not really.

But yeah, I think maia take this.

Can't wair for Gsp Vs maia!

Can't wait to see 5 rounds of GSP landing the jab and nothing more like the Shields fight?

Lol @ lightweight sized welterweight, with lhw sized legs and ass.
Dood is not a small welterweight, he may be short but nobody in the division can match his lower body

I thought that too. Could play a role.

Dood is not a small welterweight, he may be short but nobody in the division can match his lower body
You honestly think he couldn't fight at lightweight? Watch the upcoming embeddeds, he'll breeze through the weight cut. It's not a knock on him to say that he is lightweight sized, it would be great if more fighters followed his example.

Tyron-Woodley.jpg

His upper body isn't bad either.

Maia bringing dat old man strength tho:

Demian_Maia.jpg

He's short but carrying more muscle than anyone else in the division.

You honestly think he couldn't fight at lightweight? Watch the upcoming embeddeds, he'll breeze through the weight cut. It's not a knock on him to say that he is lightweight sized, it would be great if more fighters followed his example.

He would have to get rid of a lot of muscle. Just compare him to Conor for example, same height and reach but big difference in mass.

Fuck I hope Maia pulls it off, dude seriously deserves it.

giphy.gif

There is 100 percent no way he makes lightweight, he's even said It before that he would have to cut off his legs.
I think you guys are underestimating how much weight your lowerbody holds, doods booty is thick.

And its never a easy cut for him to make 70, his face is really sucked in already thats why he wears shades 3 days out indoors.

He's a career MW. Maia is big and deceptively strong. Tyron is strong as hell but Maia is no push over. He won't be at a major strength disadvantage

Back