Anybody concerned about D.C. Making weight?

Dogo1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Many are joking (rightfully so) about Bones fucking something up and the fight getting nixed. Am I the only one concerned about D.C. Not making 205? The towel trick only works once.

Nah, he's got a towel nearby.

It'll be all good.

tenor.gif

I don't lose 20% of my money if he doesn't so it doesn't really concern me at all.
DC might be concerned though I guess.

Always concerned about something when AKA is involved

I'm not even concerned with my own weight let alone someone's weight whose about to get paid close to a million dollars.

They'll fight regardless and it would just be one more hilarious addition to this fucking saga so no I'm not concerned

Many are joking (rightfully so) about Bones fucking something up and the fight getting nixed. Am I the only one concerned about D.C. Not making 205? The towel trick only works once.
He told Ariel he was 215 pounds in the interview, so fairly close.

Even if he ends up being a little overweight, fight will still go on anyway.

Man....remember last fights D.C. Was talking how bad his weight cut was and that he didn't want to do that again......weight cutting plus his age will be the factor why he will come up short....but he will definitely give it his all!!

They'll fight regardless and it would just be one more hilarious addition to this fucking saga so no I'm not concerned

But if dc doesn't make 205, on the nose, it will no longer be a title fight...The champion has to weigh in at exactly 205 or under for it to be a title fight...

But if dc doesn't make 205, on the nose, it will no longer be a title fight...The champion has to weigh in at exactly 205 or under for it to be a title fight...
The champion who misses weight gets stripped and not eligible to win th title. The challeger still fights for the vacant title

The champion who misses weight gets stripped and not eligible to win th title. The challeger still fights for the vacant title

As @gunlok said this is the most likely scenario. Although the UFC has never had a champion miss weight so it's purely speculation what would occur but IMO this is the route they would take.

so what happens if the overweight champ wins the fight ? he is not the champ anymore ? the guy the champ before the fight, won the fight but the belt becomes vacacnt ??

Ive been concerned since his drop to LHW.

Dude is built like a fridge

He should go back to HW

No he worked with the GOAT Nutritionist Tyler Minton. No one has ever missed weight working with him.

Hopefully his last weigh in was the wake-up call he needed to get it together.

Yea it's one of the things I'm worried about. We never even got an explanation for DC last time about what happened. Which makes sense considering he would then have to admit he cheated.

Yeah I think it's a big concern. It's not like weight cutting gets easier as you get older.

Back