Mental edge before Jones - DC 2?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
After press-conference and other events going into UFC 214 who actually has mental edge and who won pre-fight psychological and trash-talking battle? Who is more in the haed of the other now: Jones in DCs head or vice versa? And who do you think won the press-conference battle?
My take on it:
When they are in different places (skype, phone, conference) usually DC has upper-hand in trash-talk, Jones looked more angry, but when they are face-to-face or in one room- usually Jones has upper-hand (last conference showed it, Jones "wins") and DC are usually more emotionally and angry. When they will fight, they will be face-to-face obviously...
I think Jones is under DCs skin slightly more than Dc unred his, but less than he was before UFC 200. Before first fight IMO actually Jones wasnt in DC head at all, maybe even opposite.

Jones seems to have more emotion going into this fight than DC does, but I think Jones is so confident and looks so massive there's a little doubt creeping into DC's mind just in terms of Jones winning the first bout, being ten years younger, having obvious physical advantages, etc.

Mentally, DC imo.

Physically, JJ.

It's going to be a tough fight but I think JJ wins.

They both seem more emotionally invested than normal. I want jones to win because i love to hate his success
images-85.jpg

DC definitely seems more at ease to me. I guess having Jon away from the sport so he was able to reign as champ has left him more confident and content. Jones seems like he desperately wants the belt back, but he is confident he can do it as always... it would be interesting to see how Jon would react to losing, he seems like he never thinks about it happening

Jones is in deep inside DC head. Jones can trigger him at will.

Jones seems to have more emotion going into this fight than DC does

If its true, do this fact give the advantage to DC or to Jones?

Neither

Jones has had like 3 fights in 3 years
Probably knows he'll have some ring rust

DC has already been beaten by Jones

I think Jones has the mental edge naturally. Cormier is used to everyone kissing his ass but Jones treats him like a fool. So I don't think anything has changed for this fight. It's a matter of whether Cormier can overcome his own demons.

If its true, do this fact give the advantage to DC or to Jones?
I think the calmer fighter always has the advantage. DC mentioned in the first fight how he just wanted to hurt Jones, and that likely led to him tiring himself out and thus fading in the later rounds. Ultimately I think Jones still wins this, but he seems angrier than usual, and he's coming off a long layoff which always leaves some questions, so I'd give the mental edge to DC in this one.

I think the calmer fighter always has the advantage. DC mentioned in the first fight how he just wanted to hurt Jones, and that likely led to him tiring himself out and thus fading in the later rounds. Ultimately I think Jones still wins this, but he seems angrier than usual, and he's coming off a long layoff which always leaves some questions, so I'd give the mental edge to DC in this one.

Fair enough, but Jones made good comment about this DC excuse: "How such experienced fighter like DC (15-0, Olimpics, wrestling ect) made this mental mistake in first fight?" So its maybe just excuse from DC or if its true, so why he would do different now? I dont sure.

Jones in terms of confidence most likely but the question is I spose is it overconfidence? OSP for me was an overconfident performance giving an opponent he should have beaten more easily a chance.

DC certainly won best moment, as far as the press conference goes.

Timestamped, for your pleasure...

How stupid is Jon Jones to make a fucking crackhead joke after all the shit he went through?

Well Jones easily has the edge, he actually did win the first fight

Back