At What Point Were OSP "At His Best"

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
For my money, OSP and Corey Anderson are the two fighters that represent their generation. Trail blazers in the UFC in showing that these Superstars can be made that are able to compete with a god like Shogun.

They say a fighter is best when they have the correct combination of mind, skill, and athleticism. IE: As fighters get older and become less athletic, their actual skill level may rise due to the additional time put in at the gym. The best fighters are the ones who were able to capture all 3 factors at one paticular moment in time.

So my question is if you were able to clone OSP at all his stages of his career, and made the clones fight, which one would be the best. My personal feeling is that the best LHW we ever saw on the planet was OSP vs Shogun. The striking were out of this world, and he was able to defeat one of the top champions in UFC history.

Are there any other opinions on when he was at his absolute best?

Never been to high on him but for sure the Shogun fight. He has the skills just doesn't seem to put it all together.

Disregarding the skateboard, the Shogun win was impressive.

VNAWhDU.gif

I think he looked like shit since the Jones fight. Honestly he had a pretty good run in the UFC before that. He was 7-2 and only loses to Bader and Glover.

He has clear holes in his game that he never fixed. He is a mid tier gatekeeper.

Judging by his demeanor(i could be completely wrong) but he doesnt seem like the most confident guy in his abilities.

He has the tools, he just has to trust them and I believe he has a hard time putting them to practice because of that.

When he knocked out some guy in strikeforce with one punch I really thought he could be fo real.

(I know this thread is a trolling about the other GSP thread)

Back