Ben Askren is cornering Woodley

Why? Damian Maia is much more likeable than woodley

I don't think wrestle fuck is gonna work against Maia

That's the closest Ambien Askren is ever going to get to the big leagues.

I don't think wrestle fuck is gonna work against Maia
2nbrjmf.gif

Hope to see something like this.

Woodley is a far more explosive wrestler/grappler and careful fighter than Chael though, so I don't expect it.

I am rooting hard for Maia to win, but expect a KO win from Woodley to be the actual result.

Best part of this , is this happened before cheal went on his streak to challenge Anderson. If they ever decided to make Maia Chael 2 , Anderson vs Sonnen rivalry never happens

Fair point, but Chael manages to get triangle choked from out of nowhere, I wouldn't be surprised if I caught him in one

That being said Maia tapping Woodley and becoming champion would be an all time great MMA moment for me

Hope to see something like this.

Woodley is a far more explosive wrestler/grappler and careful fighter than Chael though, so I don't expect it.

I am rooting hard for Maia to win, but expect a KO win from Woodley to be the actual result.

Chael is a much bigger man than Woodley and in Chael's prime he probably beats Woodley 7/10 at 185lbs(the Chael that beat Okami and Stann/Bisping was no joke). People don't realize Chael was D1 All American wrestler but he also was a silver medalist at the world University games(which is something a lot of Olympians compete in, no joke) and an Olympic Alternate in Greco.

It isn't awkward at all.

Askren might be able to get some autographs from proper fighters. Maybe even get his picture taken with Dana. Should be a special day out for him, lots of special memories of going to the UFC.

You guys all cream yourself over Maia becoming champ, and the same ones that will bitch and moan as soon as he has a boring fight, and doesn't get a dominant submission win.

Chael is a much bigger man than Woodley and in Chael's prime he probably beats Woodley 7/10 at 185lbs(the Chael that beat Okami and Stann/Bisping was no joke). People don't realize Chael was D1 All American wrestler but he also was a silver medalist at the world University games(which is something a lot of Olympians compete in, no joke) and an Olympic Alternate in Greco.
He is a good wrestler, I'm not saying he isn't. But Chael lacks KO power and has been caught in submissions quite a number of times. He is a pressure fighter that moves forward constantly.

Woodley is a very careful fighter with KO power, picking his shots to knock you out. He is also a stocky, explosive wrestler who is going to avoid grappling exchanges with Maia.

Styles make fights and I think Woodley has a better style to fight against Maia than Chael. Woodley is going to avoid grappling all together where possible and try to knock Maia out with power shots, not pressure forward to look for the clinch like Chael does.

Chael fights one way and one way only: move forward and pressure, get you in a clinch, beat you down, take you down, beat you down. Not the best way to fight an elite submission grappler who wants to clinch with you and wants to go to the ground.

Maia has nothing for Woodley. Woodley KO's Maia with ease and embarrasses all the retards who said Maia had a chance lmao

So they will be in the Lamborghini during Woodley's entrance?

He is a good wrestler, I'm not saying he isn't. But Chael lacks KO power and has been caught in submissions quite a number of times. He is a pressure fighter that moves forward constantly.

Woodley is a very careful fighter with KO power, picking his shots to knock you out. He is also a stocky, explosive wrestler who is going to avoid grappling exchanges with Maia.

Styles make fights and I think Woodley has a better style to fight against Maia than Chael. Woodley is going to avoid grappling all together where possible and try to knock Maia out with power shots, not pressure forward to look for the clinch like Chael does.

Chael fights one way and one way only: move forward and pressure, get you in a clinch, beat you down, take you down, beat you down. Not the best way to fight an elite submission grappler who wants to clinch with you and wants to go to the ground.

Oh, I agree that Woodley has a better style to beat Maia. A much better style. I just think you undersold the significance of that throw regardless.

Prime Chael beats Woodley 10/10 times.

Back