Tyron Woodley on track to potentially become the WW GOAT

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Tyron Woodley but I do recognize his talent. Explosive, strong, amazing wrestling pedigree with knock out power, and believes in himself.
He is 17-3, been champ in previous organizations before finishing Robbie Lawler quickly to become UFC champion. He has his blemishes against a few who caught him. GSP has his blemishes as well. Tyron does have a ways to go before reaching the GOAT conversation but he definitely has what it takes to get there. He defeated Thompson twice and Wonder boy had the best style to get the job done but he couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

Woodley is young with many years left to go. If he defeats Demian Maia who has been dominating almost everyone up to this point, then goes on to face GSP and beats him then he will be in the GOAT discussion. My opinion... I feel he knocks George out early if they fight. I dont like fighters being on such long lay offs returning to fight a champion. In the past it rarely works out. Jones fighting DC is the exception as Jones is a freak talent but we still have yet to see the result so who knows.

GSP left the company damaged, coming off of a brutal fight I feel he lost to Hendricks. Even those who disagree with me on the result have to agree it was still a poor performance.

How do you think Tyron Woodley matches up with the past Welterweight greats?

He's not that young dude. But he is a great fighter and likely one of the best WWs we've seen, also has a great gimmick and is a hero for derailing Wonderboy's overblown hype train (Woodley had equally good wins as Wonderboy yet almost everyone repped the fancy dancer over him).

If he beats Maia then Gsp, it would be hard to argue not being #3 or maybe even #2

But he still has alot more to do to become #1

I agree. Wins over Maia and GSP would give him the top spot.

Far from #1

Even if he gets GSP off a win over Maia, its a lil different than beating GSP that was active. Not the one thats been shelved all this time

He just needs to shut up about GOAT talk and defend that belt about 5-7 more times

lay down the pipe. he only had a single titel defense and that was BORING AS FUCK. now, if he beats demian AND gsp that would be pretty interesting, but still, it doesn't hurt get like 5 title defenses or more to start talking about being the WW GOAT

He's up there for sure. Great fighter.

0/10 for trying to troll

Barely defends his title
But WW goat?

LoL

He ranks high up there for sure. Woodley is a great fighter he needs keep defending his belt.

nate-marquardt-tyron-woodley-elbows-ko.gif

lay down the pipe. he only had a single titel defense and that was BORING AS FUCK. now, if he beats demian AND gsp that would be pretty interesting, but still, it doesn't hurt get like 5 title defenses or more to start talking about being the WW GOAT
all due respect most GSP fights were boring as fuck. He is def on track.

Even if he beats maia and gsp, he isn't top 3 ww Goat. He needs 5 or 6 wins after that at least

He would need a seriously impressive run to be WW goat.

GSP was #1 in the world at 26, and never dropped below #2 for the next 6 years, 5 of those at #1.
Tyron hit #1 in the world at 34, and has been there for 1 year.

GSP @ 32 retired on a 12 fight win streak.
Tyron @ 34 is on a 1 fight win streak.

How is he on track? He would need to go unbeaten until he's 40 just to match GSP career.

Even if he beats maia and gsp, he isn't top 3 ww Goat. He needs 5 or 6 wins after that at least
I disagree and i dont even like him. He has loads of legit stoppages leaving no question of who won. GSP has how many decisions?

Back