Hype vs Hate: Which bad blood rivalries were real and which were just bullsh*t?

G

Guestx

We all know the deal rivalries in this sport and how many of them have bad blood involved, or at least they're sold as such.

I think we all know that some of these rivalries were real. Yes, the competitors really did dislike each other. But in other cases, it was just manufactured to hype the fight.

Right now we're facing one of the sport's biggest rivalries and one thing I think is very real: Jones vs DC. These guys do NOT like each other.

But there have certainly been many others:

Faber vs Cruz
Rousey vs Tate
Shamrock vs Tito
Silva vs Sonnen
Lesnar vs Mir
Alvarez vs Chandler
Ortiz vs Liddell
Rampage vs Wanderlei
Serra vs Hughes
Hardy vs Davis
Penn vs GSP

And so on. I'm sure you can add a few to the list.

So what do you think? What rivalries have been your favorites, and which do you think were really fueled by negative emotions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously tho TJ vs Garbrandt seems legit

Jon Jones vs Luke Thomas will be the next great rivalry.

Ken shamrock wanted to knock ortizs hair black

Black on black crime was pure television bullshit.

You watch this season of TUF? Garbrandt was the psycho.
Yeah Cody has a short temper, but TJ was pushing buttons and most people didnt seem to notice. He was in his face calling the guy a bitch over and over, I know I'd want to hit someone too if they did that.

Rousey vs Tate was real but for no reason. Tate tried acting like a human being to her but Ronda was having none of it.
Sonnen vs Silva was funny because Chael was just selling a fight but Anderson seemed to think he was serious. Same with Wanderlei
Jones vs Cormier is better than all of them because they are truly sick of each other. They don't even have that respectful hate toward one another. I seriously think one could drop dead next week and the other wouldn't care. Can't wait for the fight!

We all know the deal rivalries in this sport and how many of them have bad blood involved, or at least they're sold as such.

I think we all know that some of these rivalries were real. Yes, the competitors really did dislike each other. But in other cases, it was just manufactured to hype the fight.

Right now we're facing one of the sport's biggest rivalries and one thing I think is very real: Jones vs DC. These guys do NOT like each other.

But there have certainly been many others:

Faber vs Cruz
Rousey vs Tate
Silva vs Sonnen
Lesnar vs Mir
Alvarez vs Chandler
Ortiz vs Liddell
Rampage vs Wanderlei
Serra vs Hughes
Hardy vs Davis
Penn vs GSP

And so on. I'm sure you can add a few to the list.

So what do you think? What rivalries have been your favorites, and which do you think were really fueled by negative emotions?
Ortiz - liddel is as real as it gets . Same with dc and jones .

Rousey vs Tate was real but for no reason. Tate tried acting like a human being to her but Ronda was having none of it.
Sonnen vs Silva was funny because Chael was just selling a fight but Anderson seemed to think he was serious. Same with Wanderlei
Jones vs Cormier is better than all of them because they are truly sick of each other. They don't even have that respectful hate toward one another. I seriously think one could drop dead next week and the other wouldn't care. Can't wait for the fight!
Jones would die and dc would be like see he couldnt make it to the fight again .

Yea Silva didn't realise what Sonnen was doing but I feel like the second fight he did the shoulder bump to sell the fight.

Fuck the hype for that second fight was amazing.

Rockhold/bisping seem to have some bad blood before the first fight.

Of course you have ones like rampage/silva where you couldn't have them in the same room.

All of conor's bad blood is to sell fights but I think some of his opponents don't realise that and legit let him get to them.

Yeah Cody has a short temper, but TJ was pushing buttons and most people didnt seem to notice. He was in his face calling the guy a bitch over and over, I know I'd want to hit someone too if they did that.
That was usually done in response to being called a snake and or Garbrandt acting big and getting in his face. Wasn't just Garbrandt though, the drama really came from all of TAM.

rampage vs rashad seemed like it was hype, they were having fun on TUF

Back