Jones acting big, but let's not forget....

omgsvilla2

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He looked horrible vs osp. He is acting cocky which can be a downfall, he is rustier then a buck chain in the elements for two years, and he seems to have a lot of people in his hear telling him he's the best.... He is fooked!

D.C. Via ring rust.....

He looked horrible vs osp. He is acting cocky which can be a downfall, he is rustier then a buck chain in the elements for two years, and he seems to have a lot of people in his hear telling him he's the best.... He is fooked!

D.C. Via ring rust.....

Don't forget OSP was a last minute switch who fought with a completely different style than Jones's expected opponent. Jones thrives on studying his opponents and beating them at their own games. Without that basis, he was tentative, and guess what? He still cruised for an easy 50-45 win.

DC is basically the same fighter as the first fight so the only real factor is how much Jon has changed in the last few years. I'm tending to think his skills have slid... which is why I predict this fight to be very close and 3-2 either way. Officially I pick DC by 3-2.

Don't think ring rust will be a huge issue, but we've only seen him once post USADA and he looked a lot less energetic and explosive. He's been pressured a few times against DC, Gus and Glover and his path to victory in all those fights was not getting tired and keeping his dick pill pace for five rounds.

lets not forget that Jones never lost a fight to anybody,hes fighting a guy who he already beaten easily. I see this fight go like the 1st one ,but this time Jones will finish DC and it will be all she wrote for the legacy of DC

You keep saying he looked "horrible" in a fight where:

- he won 50-45
- took his opponent down multiple times
- broke his opponents arms

Like seriously...it wasn't a typical Bones performance, but y'all are grasping at straws.

I think if jones was fighting a new hungry lion maybe but hes fighting an even older DC.

Yeah the people in his "hear" have probably misled him into fighting tippy toe style like BJ did that one time.

D.C. Via ring rust.....
If horrible is a dominant 50-45 then I need to look horrible,

D.C. Via ring rust.....
DC looked worse against Rumble. He looked like he aged 10 years from his previous fight.

You keep saying he looked "horrible" in a fight where:

- he won 50-45
- took his opponent down multiple times
- broke his opponents arms

Like seriously...it wasn't a typical Bones performance, but y'all are grasping at straws.
Yeah, he won each round, but let's not pretend that it was some one-sided beat-down like Shogun. He squeaked by while OSP just circled looking for a haymaker that never came.

Yeah, he won each round, but let's not pretend that it was some one-sided beat-down like Shogun. He squeaked by while OSP just circled looking for a haymaker that never came.

Reaching

Jones took like ZERO damage in that fight. Didn't look that good, but he was threatened literally zero times. Hard to knock that imo. He did kind of cruise because he knew he could i think

People forget that the first three rounds of DC v Jones was pretty competitive. Jones really pulled away in 4&5. I just re-watched the fight and was surprised that my recollection didn't match reality. At one point in the 3rd round they were dead even in terms of strikes. The fact that Jones won 50-45 on two score cards doesn't really tell the whole story as 1-3 were very close. I'd say DC took round two in a close one, JJ 3, and one was sort of up for grabs but maybe edge to Jon for the takedown.

With that said - it seems they were pretty even for 3 rounds a few years ago, but a few years forward I think intangibles line up well for Jon. He has had a break and a chance to put some space between himself and the controversies, presumably, he is sober now, and he is entering his prime where as DC is exiting his. Not to mention the physical intangibles of a huge height and reach difference. I'd say the two intangibles favoring DC are increased experience & activity as well as losing the way he did highlight the areas he needs to improve on to win. The flip side of that, JJ as the winner can only guess as to what he might need to improve upon to ensure DC doesn't catch him stagnant.

All that being said - I expect JJ to win this fight and possibly finish.

Unrelated - I hit a parlay on Rivera, Cummins, and Weidman to win $460. I've already but $60 on a 6 fighter for this weekend:
Biggest risk here?

- Alexandra Albu
- Renan Barao (Underdog)
- Lamas
- Jimmi
- Woodley
- Jones

Jones took like ZERO damage in that fight. Didn't look that good, but he was threatened literally zero times. Hard to knock that imo. He did kind of cruise because he knew he could i think

This. If he had to dig deep or even thought he might be losing on 1 of the judge's cards, he'd have turned it up. He didn't, so he treated it like sparring.

Back