DC should be fighting at HW

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm watching the press conference preview and there is a huge difference in DC's size from when Jones was busted for PEDs and the recent press conference. He is clearly smaller today than when he first started fighting at 205. I believe that he's slowly becoming smaller as he continues to cut to 205.

He had trouble making weight last time and he looks more drained and smaller with each fight. Jones is a natural 205er, while DC has to drain and deplete himself to make the weight.

I believe he used to be at 240ish when he was at HW and he looked big and strong in all his fights up there. It's clear that he is a natural HW who is depleted at 205 and is much better suited to HW. Even though he is depleted at LHW, he can beat everybody but Jones. But in terms of his true capability and performance, I think he is only capable of showing that at HW.

Selfish Cain is to blame

Yeah, there's no question the cut to 205 drains him. He has had that sunken-in face look for every fight at LHW. He was a beast at HW.

He replenishes fine. He is not getting gradually smaller.

130796_story__B8860mOIYAI3haz.jpg

When he beats Jones this weekend expect him to ask for either a Jones rematch or a shot at the HW strap anyway.

I'm watching the press conference preview and there is a huge difference in DC's size from when Jones was busted for PEDs and the recent press conference. He is clearly smaller today than when he first started fighting at 205. I believe that he's slowly becoming smaller as he continues to cut to 205.

He had trouble making weight last time and he looks more drained and smaller with each fight. Jones is a natural 205er, while DC has to drain and deplete himself to make the weight.

I believe he used to be at 240ish when he was at HW and he looked big and strong in all his fights up there. It's clear that he is a natural HW who is depleted at 205 and is much better suited to HW. Even though he is depleted at LHW, he can beat everybody but Jones. But in terms of his true capability and performance, I think he is only capable of showing that at HW.
I completely agree and now he is almost 40 and should really think about HW win or lose this fight. I actually think he would be HW champ

He's got 3, or 4 good wins ( Names we all know ) at HW.

But, I'm not sure he could handle the big boys anymore.

I'd just as soon see the guy retire. He's had a great career. Maybe the trilogy with Jones ?

But, I'd rather he didn't move back up.

Obviously, it's his call.

Back