Will DC be stripped of title if he doesnt make weight?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What happens if DC doesnt hit the scales with proper weight?

Why you trying to ruin this fight, bro?

I think Jones still wins the belt if he wins.. Jones just said he saw DC cutting weight and looks like shit..

No they will probably just adjust the scale or something. They don't let champs miss weight that's why it never happens and why the whole towelgate thing happened.

No they will probably just adjust the scale or something. They don't let champs miss weight that's why it never happens and why the whole towelgate thing happened.

Yep, doesn't happen, champs get spotted 12 lbs, known as the Hendricks effect.

with all the current UFC champs we have & you think they'll strip DC of the belt ??? <Eek2.0><Lmaoo>

If DC misses weight, when JBJ beats him he still becomes champ. DC retires and opens a chain of Popeye's

It's going to go down no matter what happens at the weigh in.

Jones is going to strip him of his soul, so I don't think it's gonna really matter whether DC makes weight or not.

Stop worrying about DC's weight. The early weigh-in process kept his weight down. He's also got a new nutritionist I believe.

Not to mention the fact that missing weight for this fight would haunt him for the rest of his life.

It's never happened in the UFC, so we don't know what the outcome would be.

If they follow boxing rules, then the champ would lose the title on the scales after missing weight. However, the challenger would still be able to win the belt if he made weight and the fight went ahead.

When Filho missed weight against Sonnen in the their second fight, the WEC made it a non-title three round fight instead. So, who knows?

That's how it's supposed to work. If the champ misses weight, the champ's title is stripped. We've only had challengers miss weight for a belt before so it's hard to say.

There are two ways they could approach it assuming the champ misses weight - a) the champ is stripped and it's a non-title fight.
2) The champ is stripped, and only the challenger can win the vacant belt if the challenger wins, and if the former champ wins, the belt is still vacant (but the former champ would get the next shot)

I like DC, and I love the rematch this weekend.. but if he misses weight I officially don't give a fuck about it anymore. It has been scheduled I think FOUR times in which the fight did not take place.

DC can't miss weight.
C80lJqKUQAADpRe.jpg

Back