DC has potential to be the GOAT

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
It all comes down to Saturday. If DC beats Jon Jones, he beats the undefeated LHW goat, and makes his 3rd title defence in a row with wins over Anthony jhonson 2X, Jones Jones, Alex Gus, Hendo and many more. Than he has the potential to move back up to heavyweight and go for a second title. I think this is DC's time, and he gets it done.

No. His career is not long enough. To be in the GOAT talk you need a long title run. This is why GSP, Jones and Anderson are in that talk. Fedor as well (I disagree) but people believe so. DC won the belt at age 36 and he is 38 now. Not enough time to rack up 8-10 defenses like the other GOAT contenders..

No. His career is not long enough. To be in the GOAT talk you need a long title run. This is why GSP, Jones and Anderson are in that talk. Fedor as well (I disagree) but people believe so. DC won the belt at age 36 and he is 38 now. Not enough time to rack up 8-10 defenses like the other GOAT contenders..
That's your opinion of goat. Title defences arnt as important, especially here. DC was undefeated at HW, then was undefeated at LHW with only 1 loss to Jones. If he beats Jones, the undefeated GOAT, he avenges his only loss. If he then move up to HW again, wich he said he wants to do, and wins another belt at the highest weight class. He's GOAT.

That's your opinion of goat. Title defences arnt as important, especially here. DC was undefeated at HW, then was undefeated at LHW with only 1 loss to Jones. If he beats Jones, the undefeated GOAT, he avenges his only loss. If he then move up to HW again, wich he said he wants to do, and wins another belt at the highest weight class. He's GOAT.

Where is that exactly???

And yes they are hugely important. A long run of dominance with the belt is basically a requirement for GOAT talk. To be the best ever you need to set records. The other men have set records. DC has not. And if he never beats LHW GOAT his career is completely forgettable.

Where is that exactly???

And yes they are hugely important. A long run of dominance with the belt is basically a requirement for GOAT talk. To be the best ever you need to set records. The other men have set records. DC has not. And if he never beats LHW GOAT his career is completely forgettable.
There is no "requirements" for GOAT talk. It's all opinion. If DC does what I'm saying here, and beats stipe next. He held the UFC heavyweight title, UFC Light heavyweight title, strikeforce heavyweight title, and beat Jon Jones, the undefeated GOAT.

There is no "requirements" for GOAT talk. It's all opinion. If DC does what I'm saying here, and beats stipe next. He held the UFC heavyweight title, UFC Light heavyweight title, strikeforce heavyweight title, and beat Jon Jones, the undefeated GOAT.

And it is still forgettable because it is not a long run. His career lasted what like 5 years? He hit the UFC at 34..

Everyone has different criteria. Many fans say Andy (pissed hot), Jones (pissed hot) and GSP, but what do they all have in common? The UFC hype job marketing team promoting them. Many value title defenses, beating on much lesser fighters to fluff up a record, but many also value fighters that challenge themselves and take on much larger fighters and overcome extremely disadvantageous situations. I'd honestly put Igor right up there and above Andy for sure, but it's kinda frowned upon to bring up non UFC fighters, tho for a long time UFC was Bush League and non of the best fought there.

If he beats Jones this Saturday and then again in the inevitable rubber match, then he has a strong argument for Light Heavyweight GOAT for sure.

If he beats Jones this Saturday and then again in the inevitable rubber match, then he has a strong argument for Light Heavyweight GOAT for sure.
Ide say if he beats Jones 2 more times, it's really not even debatable if hes the LHW goat or not.

He's already one of the greatest of all time. How is he not? He lost once by decision the the GOAT. I would be DC in the top 5-10 greatest ever right now with room to move up.

He's already one of the greatest of all time. How is he not? He lost once by decision the the GOAT. I would be DC in the top 5-10 greatest ever right now with room to move up.
not even close to the greatest of all time if you compare dc records to Jon jones,gsp,fedor.his most impressive win is Gus.

If he beats Jones twice and goes up to take the HW title he'd certainly have a claim to it. Unlikely scenario

not even close to the greatest of all time if you compare dc records to Jon jones,gsp,fedor.his most impressive win is Gus.
Ya guy who has wins at HW over all time top tens and LHW all time top tens is not close to the goat. Sorry I'll DC's record and competition over Fraudor any day. What a dumb fucking post.

i can't stop to imagine dc still in hws vs werdum hunt lesnar reem stipe etc......<23>

GOAT is a mystical term.... Its based off of opion and everyone has one... Everyone's career has highs and lows... Just learn to enjoy the times

Back