Question about Baroa vs Sterling......

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I see that Baroa is an underdog vs Aljamin Sterling. I am in no way sold on Sterling and possibly see easy money here with Baroa.

My question is, why exactly is Sterling favored in this fight? I don't see him being able to take Baroa down to work his submission game. And Sterling has showed me enough times that he is too hesitant with his striking to pose a big threat standing up and Baroa is no slouch.

A couple of losses to TJ and Jeremy Stephens by Baroa is nothing to be ashamed of. Is Baroa at that point in his career where he is looking older, slower and more vulerable? Or is there easy money to be made here.

I don't know why he is favoured personally. I favour Barao. Better standup and amazing takedown defense. Could be a close fight though.

Barao has looked like shit since he lost his title. I'd be hard pushed to pick him against even unranked fighters in the weightclass. Not to mention he'll be at death's door over the next few days attempting to make the weight cut.

Barao has looked like shit since he lost his title. I'd be hard pushed to pick him against even unranked fighters in the weightclass. Not to mention he'll be at death's door over the next few days attempting to make the weight cut.
Its at 140 though, so that should help a bit.

Alright. Thanks. I might hold off on this one.

Barao looks like a world beater in round 1 and a middling fighter in rounds 2 and 3. Probably what they're banking on, pretty sure Barao is the better overall fighter he's just looked like complete shit lately. I agree tho sterling has terrible striking and it's actually shocking he's gotten as far as he has with his skillset. I don't think I've ever seen the dude engage in the pocket once. Barao should be able to pick him apart on the feet with ease, also I'm pretty sure Barao has the best TDD statistically in the ufc.

+The weight cut will be easier for him
+aljamain throws without setting anything up
+barao has decent tdd
-gassed after 2 rnds at featherweight
-has to get on the inside

I wanna say barao takes it but brazilians are hard to trust post usada lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back