was surprising to see jake shields get the better of maia on the grappling

Yet Maia totally dominated Fitch and Fitch beat Shields. You'd think they're all a similar style that one would beat both of the other two.

He out hustled him in a lot of the transitions. When they were fighting on knees or mid-sweep, Jake always pushed a bit more.

It was close, real close, but it's hard not to give it to Shields.

More suprising is he beat T Woodley in a fight that took place on the feet

Nothing surprising about it.

Jake is top level, just like Maia.

Shields really doesn't get the credit that he deserves. I would love to see a rematch between him and Maia.

Cloooooooose fight, I personally had Maia, but ok with the result. Would love to see a repeat.

Jake is a beast on the ground

Jake might be the most underrated fighter ever.

He has beaten

Condit
Lawler
Hendo
Woodley
Maia
Kampmann
Akiyama
P.Daley
J.Miller
Okami
Sakurai

Not bad at all.

Shields is a beast on the mat. Not surprised here.

Styles make fights. Grappling styles vary. Shield's grappling style matches well against Maia.

Your not familiar with Shields huh? Thing that really shocked me was that Paul Harris was able to sub him

That fight was some bullshit though, dude poked his damn eyes out.

Paul Harris is literally the dirtiest fighter ever.

jake-shields-eye-gouges.jpg

That was SHields BEFORE he got ruined forever by Palhares and his eye raping

Completely off topic - remember the Maia Jason MacDonald fight? Man that was awesome
macdonaldmaia1.gif

Your not familiar with Shields huh? Thing that really shocked me was that Paul Harris was able to sub him
Via eye claw and other dirty ass tricks that got him banned from the org

To the TS: you weren't aware Jake is THE apex grappler in MMA?

I rank him #1 in this department. He is unusually good. And I say that as fervent Maia fan.

I would love to see Shields v Askren. Nothing would make me happier than watching Shields mop the canvas with that moptop.

Back