UFC Fighters signing in, a lot of lefties...

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Jones, Maia, Lawler, Oezdemir, Barão all left-handed.

"A lot of lefties"
4ea.jpg

You shouldn't mock them.

Lefties have their rights too y'know!
Here all week folks...

<Moves>

Citógs are the Devil's spawn.

Not surprising. Southpaws have a natural advantage in fighting.

Adolf Hitler was right-handed. That speaks VOLUMES.

Lefties have been proven to be more intelligent and creative ON AVERAGE. This is an advantage, also in fighting (downside is they are more emotional and die 7 years earlier - again, on average).

And specific for fighting, you have a major advantage as a lefty. While you face right handed fighters 80-90% of the time and get really used to them, right handed fighters only face lefties 10-20% of the time and struggle more against them.

As a left handed fighter myself, I can say that I have a way more hard time sparring other left handed fighters purely because I'm not used to fighting against them. And often times I can see the same confusion in right handed fighters when facing me.

So, no surprise that percentage(!) wise there are more left handed fighters in the UFC top than right handed ones.

Lefties have been proven to be more intelligent and creative ON AVERAGE. This is an advantage, also in fighting (downside is they are more emotional and die 7 years earlier - again, on average).

And specific for fighting, you have a major advantage as a lefty. While you face right handed fighters 80-90% of the time and get really used to them, right handed fighters only face lefties 10-20% of the time and struggle more against them.

As a left handed fighter myself, I can say that I have a way more hard time sparring other left handed fighters purely because I'm not used to fighting against them. And often times I can see the same confusion in right handed fighters when facing me.

So, no surprise that percentage(!) wise there are more left handed fighters in the UFC top than right handed ones.

there is no scientifical way to measure intelligence (did you mean IQ?) nor creativity or how emotional you are.

so whatever study said so is bullshit. they might be more intelligent than righthanders, less, or the same, on average. no way to know so far except broscience.

the average lifespan on the other hand is something that can be measured scientifically.

a theory is that left handers are more succeffull in some sports because their oponents are used to opposite patterns, because they encountered more right handed oponents in the life. this is correct for tennis for example.

Last edited:
with less people working in manufacturing or other industrial jobs the number of left handed people is on the rise

my wife is left handed but prefers giving handbjobs with her right. Strange times we live in.

Just checked youtube to see those fighters listed signing autographs:

Jones - writes with left hand

Maia - writes with left hand

Lawler - Didn't see a clip of him signing. But, did see that Hendricks and Conor wrote with their left hands.

Oezdemir - Didn't see a clip of him signing

Barão - Didn't see a clip of him signing.

Maynard - right hand autograph writer

Brock - right

Nate Duaz - right

Nick Diaz - Right
Jedrzejczyk - right

I'm done

I use right hand to eat and write but can only throw stuff and play basketball with left. I wonder how rare that is

I use right hand to eat and write but can only throw stuff and play basketball with left. I wonder how rare that is
My brother is the exact opposite. He eats and writes left handed, but throws and golfs right handed.

Back