Jones needs to WIN to save his life

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think that it is a great possibility that if Jones loses on Saturday that he will resort to his old ways.
In his mind he may think that in order to get back to his winning ways, he would need to do coke and party the night before. If he loses while clean and sober, he may logically think that drugs and partying is the answer to why he was so successful.

DC claims that in order for Jones to become the good person that he portrays, he would need to lose on Saturday; this is a false statement as a loss on Saturday may lead to a bender

LOL, you must have missed his tweet a few days ago, saying he was going to "show all the way up to the party" after the fight.

Dude is gonna be lit clean out of his Gourd, win or lose.

CnPsS1xWgAAWoHi.jpg

Jones already beat Cormier once.

If he were to lose on Saturday (he wont), Jones could easily dismiss it as ring rust. However, if DC loses a second time to Jones...lol...he's going to be crying once again in Cain's big strong arms and will probably retire <45>

If it had just been the hit and run incident, and he lost to dc. Could have claimed rust or mental distraction or some BS and a certain percentage would have ate it up. But with the failed drug test on top of it, yeah a loss here looks really bad for him. Calls to question his last win over DC, and his title reign. And there's a chance DC could possibly retire before they ever fought a third time considering dc's age which would be even worse as he'd never get a chance to rectify it.

Jones already beat Cormier once.

If he were to lose on Saturday (he wont), Jones could easily dismiss it as ring rust. However, if DC loses a second time to Jones...lol...he's going to be crying once again in Cain's big strong arms and will probably retire <45>

The thing is that he may be associating his performance to drug use and partying. If he can win while clean and sober, mentally, he may feel like he doesn't need it

The thing is that he may be associating his performance to drug use and partying. If he can win while clean and sober, mentally, he may feel like he doesn't need it

Yes...because most people perform better while partying.

#duh

I think that it is a great possibility that if Jones loses on Saturday that he will resort to his old ways.
In his mind he may think that in order to get back to his winning ways, he would need to do coke and party the night before. If he loses while clean and sober, he may logically think that drugs and partying is the answer to why he was so successful.

DC claims that in order for Jones to become the good person that he portrays, he would need to lose on Saturday; this is a false statement as a loss on Saturday may lead to a bender

You're confusing Jones with some random loser. Jones is a winner. His bad habits came out of greatness, not out of failure or weakness. There's a big difference. There's a bigger chance that he will use if he wins and regains his unparalleled confidence- and with it: hubris and ego.

Jones would be 'safer' if he lost, since that would give him something to work on, something to work towards. The top of the mountain can be a very lonely place, especially for someone to reach there so young.

Jones won't resort to anything.

If he loses he'll be humbled and he'll get hungrier to get better. I'd expect such a silly perspective from John Cena.

Try and relate why he uses a lot of drugs now. Yes he did it in the past and I'm sure he likes it just like most enjoy drugs or alcohol to feel good. But I think he's going to get a lot worse because of the death of his mother.

To lose a mother is very difficult so it wouldn't surprise me if he uses more to help cope with the pain.

I think if he loses to D.C. On Saturday, then its going to get a lot worse for him.

It's a bury alive match?

Winning will just keep him arrogant and self centered. Losing might humble him and make him take things outside of fighting more seriously.

I think you underestimate jones. He may need the win to SERIOUSLY not kill himself. Do you hear the guy talking about his "legacy" and how he is the "greatest of all time?" Athletes/fighters don't go around talking about these things. They just do what they are supposed to do and let the critics sort it out. Reaffirms my theory that jon jones is always trolling Sherdog under fake accounts.

Back