Revisiting Ortiz vs Bader at UFC 132

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For whatever reason I came across this fight today. I STILL remember watching it at the time and literally looking like this. Quite possibly the most dumbfounded I have been after a fight. Just insanity.

Can you imagine if Rashad couldn't Escape from the choke the fight after ?

Tito might have gotten à title shot !

It was a great moment.

WAR Tito
giphy.gif

' Tito was a force in his time. That time, he forced it. Was better than Bader. Simple. '
- Tze

I remember Fckng Karyn Bryant ask Bader if à part of him was happy for Tito.... -_-

I wanted to throw my Beer at the TV, Hate that stupid c*nt ever since.

That was a priceless moment in UFC history. Tito with 5 straight losses and his back against the wall, easily finishes a top 5 LHW. Too bad he couldn't follow up with anything after that.

that was one of those amazing moments where all those people who say "anything can happen in MMA" are happily proved to be right

I was so happy for Tito

It was also funny as fuck too

That shovel punch was do ugly too lol. It's easy for a lot of people to underestimate Tito's striking and rush in

I was there at the event...fucking mindblowing. Was so happy for the guy as I'd met him a few times before...he got to do the gravedigger also lol.

Can you imagine if Rashad couldn't Escape from the choke the fight after ?

Tito might have gotten à title shot !

Imagine if he'd gotten Lyoto a few fights before...

224803_1.jpg

That was a priceless moment in UFC history. Tito with 5 straight losses and his back against the wall, easily finishes a top 5 LHW. Too bad he couldn't follow up with anything after that.

him almost subbing Machida was crazy, if he woulda done that, pretty sure Sherdog would have exploded then.

I remember Fckng Karyn Bryant ask Bader if à part of him was happy for Tito.... -_-

I wanted to throw my Beer at the TV, Hate that stupid c*nt ever since.

You had me laughing reminding me of that memory and then you took the laughter to GSPs dark place with that hate in your heart.

0-4-1 actually. He got the draw against Evans with the fence grab. He was deducted a point but honestly think it saved him the loss cause think he would have just outright lost that rd had evans hit the td that tito fence grabbed for. He also lost another 3 after the fact before exiting the promotion. Bader just came in showing too little respect and got popped by a solid punch that shook him long enough for tito to latch on to the choke.

Past his prime Tito kept losing fights closely. People underrate him as a result.

Past his prime Tito kept losing fights closely. People underrate him as a result.
Yeah this happens quite a bit with fighters who start their downslides. It's not like Tito was losing to scrubs. Chuck, Lyoto, etc. He did lose to Hamill, but Hamill was looking great, taking Bisping to a controversial split decision in Matt's fifth career fight, beating Boetsch, Munoz, and Jardine.

It's the old "levels to this game" thing. Like recently, Eryk Anders fighting Machida and Santos and people being surprised he didn't dominate them. Or Frank Mir losing four out of five, and then knocking out Todd Duffee, whose best win to that date (and to this date) is Philip De Fries but people figured he'd run through Frank. Always fun to watch.

And to think it was LIL NOG who just completely wiped the floor with him. He had Rashad and Lyoto in trouble.

Back