Weidman vs Jacare

Weidman because Brazilians erode quicker than the amazonian river banks after getting KO'ed.

good fight I'd give the advantage to Jacare due to his grappling, too bad Jacare tore his pec in his fight with Whittaker. The Chris has a history of beating up Brazilians though.

Last edited:
Weidman could easily negate Jacare's grappling. Weidman has some of the best wrestling and jiu jitsu in the MW division himself. Weidman with the UD.

Weidman beats him. It is the fight to make, though.

Best match-up for both fighters. Kudos for thinking of this match-up.

I don't think anybody even thought about it. Weidman fans and mma media delusionally want to push him for a title shot and Weidman haters don't really care about his future.

This the fight for both fighters. Weidman still needs to prove that he can beat a top Real MW, and Jacare has to prove that Whitaker didn't take his soul.

It is the fight to make.

I would have said Jacare before he got KO'd by Whitaker. Can't say for sure now. I want it to happen though.

I'm a bigger fan of Jacare but like both, I think I'd have to favor The Chris The Whiteman.

Best match-up for both fighters. Kudos for thinking of this match-up.

I don't think anybody even thought about it. Weidman fans and mma media delusionally want to push him for a title shot and Weidman haters don't really care about his future.

This the fight for both fighters. Weidman still needs to prove that he can beat a top Real MW, and Jacare has to prove that Whitaker didn't take his soul.

It is the fight to make.

First reasonable post you made all day.

Did the LSD finally wear off?

I d favor Weidman right now because he is coming from a win so he is awesome again and Jacare is coming from a loss so he has ever sucked

I d favor Weidman right now because he is coming from a win so he is awesome again and Jacare is coming from a loss so he has ever sucked
For me it's more the age thing lol.

Chris isn't gonna want to take him down. It'll be like his fight with Maia - two guys with shit striking slugging it out. Without the TD threat though, Chris' striking is just a little more shit than Jacare's. So Jacare by decision. 49-46 or 29-28.

50 / 50 fight. Weidman against any of the top 5 is 50 / 50 with the exception of Bisping. Weidman beats Bisping 70 / 30. So there you have it.

I think Weidman is better everywhere besides BJJ and would be the clear favorite.

lol crazy how many ppl are picking Weidman now. Before the Kelvin fight i wonder what the results wouldve been..........

When Weidman was champ and Jacare was on that massive stureak this was one of the best possible matchups in MMA. I think Chris has a more cohesive MMA game. Jacare has more power but neither are very good sturikers (Chris is against counter sturikers i guess).

Weidman the better wrestler but Jacares judo can nullify that. On the guround i think itd be closer than most think. Jacare is past his BJJ peak he isnt the same gurappling demon from his Strikeforce days. Dude had Carmont in backmount for like almost the whole fight and couldnt threaten a sub IIRC. And we just saw Whittaker destroy his guard with guround sturiking clinic. Still if he gets on top of Chris, Weidman is fucked as he is mediocre off his back and Jacare has nasty GNP

Jacare got schooled completely by Whittaker tho. Even tho Weidman got finished 3 times in a row he was 1-1 with Luke and winning the 3rd before the spinning kick, was 1-1 with Yoel and won the 1st against Gegard. He never got bell to bell schooled like Jacare whos 37 and while a good athlete isnt Yoel

Back