Winner is the GOAT?

Ken Fresno

Interim Belt
@red
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the winner of Jones-DC is the goat LHW.

Jones: Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Vitor, Chael, Gus, Glover, DC, OSP. Youngest champ ever. Undefeated.

DC: Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Big Country, at HW. Hendo, Rumble x2, Gus, Anderson at LHW. Only lost to Jones, in a close fight.

1) What other fights have taken place where the winner was essentially guaranteed to be considered the consensus goat of that weight class?

2) What other fights could be set up right now or in the near future...?

DC will have to win a rubber match to be GOAT IMO opinion but it's close.

Aldo vs Conor was a best vs best fight.

Couldn't happen right now but if TJ beats Garbrandt, a rematch with Cruz would probably settle GOAT all time bantam.

GSP is the GOAT

Another wins over DC won't help the cheating Dirtbag

DC will have to win a rubber match to be GOAT IMO opinion but it's close.

If he wins inside the distance, it puts him ahead in head-to-head(just like Nate is still ahead of Conor).

If DC wins they need a trilogy fight to find out the answer to your question. Other than that, agreed.

Liddel vs Wand was for LHW GOAT at that time. (although Rampage and Shogun had so supporters at that time if I remember.)

Hughes vs GSP was thought to be this sort of fight but it was a prediction that GSP had the skills and would become the GOAT more than at that very fight.

I saw Fedor vs Crocop but that was right when I was new to the sport. I think it was seen as such a fight then.

Anderson Silva vs Franklin 2 was very comparable with Silva having already won a fight and starting to establish himself as the greatest MW.

Trigg, Sherk, Penn 2x, Hughes 2x, Kos 2x, Serra, Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks
Beat everyone he fought.
27-0
12 title resume.
Most wins in titlefights.
Longevity.
Most complete athlete skillwise.
Probably the most efective wrestler ever.
Fighter with 50-43 performances (finishes at earlier stage) against world class level opponents in their prime.
Never gets popped.
Best shape (but without any advantages in physics) and training routine.
True professional.
Done a lot for the sport.
Top 3 PPV draw ever.
GOAT.
The end.

I think we can all agree that the winner of Jones-DC is the goat LHW.

Jones: Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Vitor, Chael, Gus, Glover, DC, OSP. Youngest champ ever. Undefeated.

DC: Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir, Big Country, at HW. Hendo, Rumble x2, Gus, Anderson at LHW. Only lost to Jones, in a close fight.

1) What other fights have taken place where the winner was essentially guaranteed to be considered the consensus goat of that weight class?

2) What other fights could be set up right now or in the near future...?

wasnt vitor the youngest champ?
[<cena1}

Liddel vs Wand was for LHW GOAT at that time. (although Rampage and Shogun had so supporters at that time if I remember.)

Hughes vs GSP was thought to be this sort of fight but it was a prediction that GSP had the skills and would become the GOAT more than at that very fight.

I saw Fedor vs Crocop but that was right when I was new to the sport. I think it was seen as such a fight then.

Anderson Silva vs Franklin 2 was very comparable with Silva having already won a fight and starting to establish himself as the greatest MW.

Ya I agree about GSP-Hughes and Fedor-Cro Cop. But I didn't even think of Anderson-Franklin. That's a good one, and I agree it was for goat middleweight.

Back