Jones Cormier 2 isn't that big.

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it as an MMA purist, but in the PR they've called it...

1, The biggest rivalry in UFC history. Nope. It isn't even Jones's biggest rivalry - Rashad was much bigger.
2, The most anticipated rematch in UFC history. WHAT!? More than Diaz McGregor 2 or Anderson Chael 2? STFU!

I know I shouldn't be surprise by the hyperbole, but what they're saying about Jones Cormier 2 is so untrue they're completely dicrediting themselves.

So what do you even get excited for, if not this fight???

It's pretty big, actually.

<7>

Well its not the BIGGEST FIGHT EVER but its pretty big. In an era of circus fights feat cans and rejects faking a rivalry, this fight is between two P4P top 10 guys that seem to REALLY hate each others. Cant ask for more right now.

It's a big fight, but I'll be surprised if it does over 600k buys.

It's a big deal for purists like most of us on here.. that being said most people don't give a shit, because even casuals know it will most likely be the exact same as the last fight.

Wew, they almost got me. Thanks for the heads up.

Fact is that DC & Jones have both cleaned out the division. There are only 2 at the top... and then those who contend but continue to fall short against those 2.... and then there'z everyone else.

So when these 2 fight... it's really worth all the hype that can be generated.

Picking aspects of it apart to make a point that it isn't all that, is completely ignoring the fact that it is indeed an epic fight.

How anyone could think that Rashad would win is beyond me. IMo one of the overrated fighters despite his good run and skillset. Just no. Had a feeling that would be a joke match. But no disrepsect to Rashad.

And its all hype. Never trust people who has something to gain from whatever. They will say whatever they want like ufc 200 "the biggest baddest (they got that right if broken english) fightcard ever!

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it as an MMA purist, but in the PR they've called it...

1, The biggest rivalry in UFC history. Nope. It isn't even Jones's biggest rivalry - Rashad was much bigger.
2, The most anticipated rematch in UFC history. WHAT!? More than Diaz McGregor 2 or Anderson Chael 2? STFU!

I know I shouldn't be surprise by the hyperbole, but what they're saying about Jones Cormier 2 is so untrue they're completely dicrediting themselves.

I agree it's a big fight but nowhere near the biggest rematch ever. However that's just the way they market their product. They just recycle the same platitudes. Biggest fight ever, once in a lifetime, etc.

I agree it's a big fight but nowhere near the biggest rematch ever. However that's just the way they market their product. They just recycle the same platitudes. Biggest fight ever, once in a lifetime, etc.

6c5a19b376.gif

The PR for this card is slightly exaggerating!!!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! What do I doooooooooo?!?

It would be seen as a big fight if the mayweather fight wasn't coming up right after.

Can't say I'm all that excited about it. Dont really see it going any differently than the first fight. Don't really hear any buzz about it outside the forums either.

#1. Biggest rematch in UFC history is probably Mir/Lesnar II and was the biggest UFC event by for for a long, long time. McGregor/Diaz II really doesn't have any historical significance and is largely forgotten now with the Diaz win being remembered.

Also Jones biggest feud is with DC and not Rashad. The Rashad feud was basically done within a year and after the fight it was pretty much quashed.

DC vs Jones has lasted for almost 3 years now since that press conference which really started the bad blood. Also this fight is a fight that has been cancelled twice and people probably won't be fully sure that it is happening until the cage opens.

I'd say that historically this may be the most important rematch in UFC history in that its one of the few fights that see two top 5 P4P guys competing against each other.

#1. Biggest rematch in UFC history is probably Mir/Lesnar II and was the biggest UFC event by for for a long, long time. McGregor/Diaz II really doesn't have any historical significance and is largely forgotten now with the Diaz win being remembered.

Also Jones biggest feud is with DC and not Rashad. The Rashad feud was basically done within a year and after the fight it was pretty much quashed.

DC vs Jones has lasted for almost 3 years now since that press conference which really started the bad blood. Also this fight is a fight that has been cancelled twice and people probably won't be fully sure that it is happening until the cage opens.

I'd say that historically this may be the most important rematch in UFC history in that its one of the few fights that see two top 5 P4P guys competing against each other.

People forget that Rashad was still an elite fighter back then. His only loss was Machida. He'd beaten Rampage, Phil Davis, Michael Bisping, and of course chuck Liddell,. He record was pretty mich the same as DC's is now accept with all the same drama that TAM and TJ are having. He was the first to say Jones was a fake, and there waey knew each other - Rashad had bossed Jones in the gym. That rivalry was real. The DC ish is manufactured, and it's not like it was a hugely close fight last time, or a flukey punch. I don't know man...like I say I'm looking forward to it, they're both elite, but all the overregging is starting to annoy the hell outta me, and actually lessening my interest in the fight.

Back