Will MMA be the death of the ancient arts?

UpInThis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like kungfu, wing chun, etc., now when we know that those styles are far inferior?

It basically is. There are a few guys with mediocre MMA skills goading TMA masters into contests and beating the shit out of them. It's just a matter or time before it all goes away in terms of people wanting to become students of TMA.

TMA guys have basically no idea what to do once a punch connects to their face. It's kinda depressing to see actually.

I always drink and smoke myself stupid watching cards so I can say it will be the death of me.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people in the general public who still buy into the TMA myths. I commented on a FB vid of Bruce Lee sparring, saying that Conor would beat him very easily in a fight. And I COULD NOT convince people I wasn't trolling.

1997 "MMA will be the biggest sport in the next 5 years!"

2002 "MMA will be the biggest sport in the next 5 years!"

2007 "Okay... maybe 10 more years..."

And what will happen to that song?

Will they change it to "everybody was mma fighting. Those cats were fast as Bisping"

Lol sure buddy. Go back to your 'punching sport' and we'll resume watching actual fighting.

Dude stop kidding yourself. When Mcgregor can't kick, clinch too long, or grapple in any way, shape or form, Floyd beats his ass. Therefore, boxing > MMA.

Dude stop kidding yourself. When Mcgregor can't kick, clinch too long, or grapple in any way, shape or form, Floyd beats his ass. Therefore, boxing > MMA.
So boxing is better when you limit %90 of what can be used in a fight? No fucking way man.

There are no ancient Chinese martial arts, so much of their culture was lost in the commie revolution, most of their stuff is watered down or plain made up.

So boxing is better when you limit %90 of what can be used in a fight? No fucking way man.

You read comments like this and your first thought tends to be "I've stumbled upon a Retards of the USA Convention"....

Boxing was intentionally winnowed down to the rules it has. Over the many years that boxing has been around the rules have changed. Not all fight fans like watching men in swim trunks wrap their legs around each other. Some actually find a lot of enjoyment out of watching just fists fly.

But to your point... so if you were to watch an mma fight were only punches were thrown would you honestly say "awwww shit! They cheated me out of 90% of what could have potentially happened in this fight"?

Back