Your favorite motivation?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Each fighter is motivated by different things. Guys like Conor are motivated by money and take pride in being a prize fighter. Some fight for Glory and fame to have a sense of belonging in the world and they don't care about money as much. Others fight for the sporting aspect in terms of being champion and defending their belts and having a great record.

Which fighter has the best motivation to fight UFC?

Guys like Aldo who came from nothing and would use cardboard to lay over mud to practise kicks have the greatest motivation, in my eyes. Because it's about...never going back.

Whatever the hell motivates Frankie Edgar

Guy is a fucking machine

Whatever motivates Darren Elkins is my favorite motivation. I saw him fight Bektic live and I thought I was watching someone being murdered. When he won everyone was standing and screaming.

If you need motivation to do something you love - it means you dont really love it. Thats EET

Self motivated. Realising that you only get one life and to waste it away is your own choice and no one else's. You can choose to be great, or be average.

I'm a sucker for the humble martial artists who practice martial arts to better themselves mentally and physically. You will hear crickets if you try to find anyone who agrees with me. These kinds of fighters will be viewed by the sherdoggers as 'boring with a personality akin to watching paint dry'.

I've liked Georges St-Pierre's ideal of bring the sport to a new level. It goes beyond just himself.

I'm a sucker for the humble martial artists who practice martial arts to better themselves mentally and physically. You will hear crickets if you try to find anyone who agrees with me. These kinds of fighters will be viewed by the sherdoggers as 'boring with a personality akin to watching paint dry'.

It's because most of them come across as faking that personality because it's what they're told to do.

Authentic ones like Machida and Maia still get fans.

Back