what about Romero vs Anderson Silva?

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
Since Luke Rocksalt fights Branch and if The Chris fights Jacare, than Romero vs Silva looks like a logical fight.

Bisping is still in limbo with Whittaker being injured.

Do it now please WME-UFC, I started threads about Romero vs. Silva like 3 years ago and people were saying it would be a death sentence for Anderson.

Yoel's a killer, but Anderson's striking is still top notch and he can give Yoel a ton of issues. Realistically though, based on their last few performances I think Yoel would walk through the fire and finish Anderson violently.

Romero by murder. Anderson would never actually take this fight

Silva is not ranked, zero benefit to Romero... Romero obliterates Silva, zero benefit to Silva.

Silva needs to be fighting older guys near the end of their careers, Vitor Belfort, Lyoto Machida, Shogun at 185 (or 205), Rashad Evans.

All interesting fights with little chance of a death in the ring....

Silva is not ranked, zero benefit to Romero... Romero obliterates Silva, zero benefit to Silva.

Silva needs to be fighting older guys near the end of their careers, Vitor Belfort, Lyoto Machida, Shogun at 185 (or 205), Rashad Evans.

All interesting fights with little chance of a death in the ring....

It's not about rank, it's about profile.

Out of those "ranked" MW, how many of them would have been allowed to step up on 3 days notice and fight DC?
Bisping earned his title shot from beating the unranked Silva.

It'd be a good fight for Romero to get.

It would be a high profile win over a guy that is 1-5 in his last 6 fights with a recent failed drug test. The shine has worn off Anderson Silva.

Plus there is no way Silva agrees.

Romero's brutal enough to make this ugly. Look what he did to Machida.

They'll probably do machida vs silva and Romero will stay with nothing, they'll duck him untill he's like 50 years of age.

Didn't AS ask for a fight with Romero for an interim title before? As a Silva fan I wouldn't want to see him fight Romero for anything less than a title. Too much risk for too little reward otherwise.

Since Luke Rocksalt fights Branch and if The Chris fights Jacare, than Romero vs Silva looks like a logical fight.

Bisping is still in limbo with Whittaker being injured.
full

Only if they're both on the gas.

I like this fight too much for it to happen.

Pointless fight. Anderson's only win in like 5 years is a robbery over Brunson. Romero would kill him anyway

Back