Do you think Cormier will land a single takedown this time? (doubtful)

Do you think DC can get a single takedown on jones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

Pwent

Last fight he couldnt finish a single takedown, even when he lifted jones in the air, jones managed to sprawl out of it and DC never got control, which is why jones told DC he didnt get a takedown and DC didnt try to correct him

do you think daniel "vegeta" cormier will complete a single takedown on jon "goku" jones? or will jones shut him out again

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

Jon-Jones-Daniel-Cormier.png

Cormier is going to murder the pill boy.

Not sure how this rematch will go. Cheering for Jones but think it will be a really close fight. Just want to see Cormier punched in his face.

Too many variables to predict this one. DC really didn't have much for JJ in the first fight. But Jones has been out for a while and didn't look great against OSP. And DC ain't exactly a spring chicken at this point.

But it's a long fight and I'm going to assume a little bit of ring rust on Jones's part so I'll lay it down right now:
Yes, DC scores at least one takedown.

i think people are overlooking that jones has been focusing on wrestling and grappling this entire time and hasnt really been training striking, plus hes been lifting so hes a lot stronger than before

on top of that, DC is getting slower and had trouble shooting in on rumble, he got taken down by rumble and had to reverse or hope that rumble would clinch with him

Not sure how this rematch will go. Cheering for Jones but think it will be a really close fight. Just want to see Cormier punched in his face.

Yes, face punches are better.
Body shots don't hurt him as much because he's got padding.

Daniel-Cormier.png

The chances are very high that Daniel will score at least one takedown in this 25-minute fight.

i think people are overlooking that jones has been focusing on wrestling and grappling this entire time and hasnt really been training striking, plus hes been lifting so hes a lot stronger than before

on top of that, DC is getting slower and had trouble shooting in on rumble, he got taken down by rumble and had to reverse or hope that rumble would clinch with him
We only have the first fight and Jones inactivity as means to predict this. However your question has set the bar low at one takedown. The question "will DC out wrestle Jon Jones" would have a totally different likelihood.

The chances are very high that Daniel will score at least one takedown in this 25-minute fight.

>implying its going to take jones 25 minutes to finish him

{<diva}

DC couldnt hit a single takedown in their last 25 minute fight

He might, but he'll still lose.

Perhaps. But it's gonna have to be a well timed attempt.

Snatch singles and high crotches are gonna be tough to finish on Jones. Front headlocks, which Daniel loves, are gonna be hard to get because Jon is so freaking tall.

I expect DC to be more conservative and creative in his attemps this time.

He will get him down but he won't keep him there.

It will be a close competitive fight and most likely Jones will win via decision.

But I'll be rooting for DC of course, hope he surprises us.

Jones ain't ready for Big Country Cormier

Jones is going to eat the canvas.

Back