Tim Boetsch vs Hector Lombard [what if]

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This would be an interesting fights, with some heavy hitters.

I got a strange feeling Boetsch would win in a very forgettable fight, with a little bit of controversy, but no one would care.

I got a strange feeling Boetsch would win in a very forgettable fight, with a little bit of controversy, but no one would care.
LUL this guy, Lombard's won like 25 in a row bruh, Tim aint got no chance

Oh wait........

I want Boetsch Vs Weidman , don't know why

Always wanted to see Lombard Vs The Spider

Funny how this "what if" actually happened and prevent a gigantic "what if" in prime Lombard vs Silva.
At the time, that fight might have been the best ever on paper, for me anyway

God damn I remembered how much hype Lombard had and he was just a flake at MW.

Because you dont like Boetsch and want to see him choked out ;)

No, I like Boetsch ( both actually, big Weidman fan also)
I just think it would be a fun fight I guess.

God damn I remembered how much hype Lombard had and he was just a flake at MW.

Both he and Shields came to the UFC with huge win streaks. Then both had quick reality checks.

Both he and Shields came to the UFC with huge win streaks. Then both had quick reality checks.
Shields wasn't as bad though.. His hype did die with the kampMann fight, he got some big wins like woodley & maia while Lombard got the shields win and then failed a test a few fights later.

Shields also failed a test but they never released what for if I remember correctly?

I want Boetsch Vs Weidman , don't know why

Always wanted to see Lombard Vs The Spider

I think Chris vs. Tim is the best fight to make for both guys. Its the fight I immediately thought of too.

Chris is 1-3, he neess to build momentum. Sherdog saud put him against the Rockhold vs. Branch winner, which is ludicrous to me. That guy will be in contention. Tim is another ranked guy and they were supposed to fight forever ago, before Chris was champ.

Tim is 3-1, all wins by KO and just beat a former champ. Let him have a crack at another one.

Weidman would be a sizable favorite but it would be a fun fight and makes sense for both guys imo.

Shields wasn't as bad though.. His hype did die with the kampMann fight, he got some big wins like woodley & maia while Lombard got the shields win and then failed a test a few fights later.

Shields also failed a test but they never released what for if I remember correctly?

I agree Shields was a bit better (despite losing to Lombard when they fought), but my point is that both had their share of losses in the UFC--after looking almost unbeatable elsewhere. It really was a big step up, despite what the Zuffa haters were saying.

I think Chris vs. Tim is the best fight to make for both guys. Its the fight I immediately thought of too.

Chris is 1-3, he neess to build momentum. Sherdog saud put him against the Rockhold vs. Branch winner, which is ludicrous to me. That guy will be in contention. Tim is another ranked guy and they were supposed to fight forever ago, before Chris was champ.

Tim is 3-1, all wins by KO and just beat a former champ. Let him have a crack at another one.

Weidman would be a sizable favorite but it would be a fun fight and makes sense for both guys imo.

Eh, there is nothing in it for Weidman. Also, both guys are too likable for me, the fight is lose-lose as a fan. Not to mention they respect each other too much so there wouldn't be any vitriol to build hype around the fight.

Eh, there is nothing in it for Weidman. Also, both guys are too likable for me, the fight is lose-lose as a fan. Not to mention they respect each other too much so there wouldn't be any vitriol to build hype around the fight.

Yep. Weidman just had his "turnaround" fight...and he beat a guy who's better than Boetsch. At this point, Weidman needs to fight the top MWs again.

Yeah that was so weird, After the akiyama fight I think?
Barely anything was said about it

Yeah that was so weird, After the akiyama fight I think?
Barely anything was said about it
He said he failed for weed but like... Why would the commission not let us know what he failed for lol.

If only...

mma_e_lombard11_576.jpg

20120721_kdl_as9_500.jpg

upload_2017-7-25_18-59-35.png

Back