Demian Maia: "The perfect end for me"

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Timestamped.

Maia: "It'll be the perfect end for me."

Is Maia approaching his last fight?

If he wins, the ONLY fight that might keep him around is a fight vs GSP to try to cement himself as a GOAT WW.

<mma4>

The company / the 'champ' are trying to do him dirty.. Maia let's hope he screws up their plans.

If he wins, the ONLY fight that might keep him around is a fight vs GSP to try to cement himself as a GOAT WW.

<mma4>
If that fight went to the ground would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure GSP would try to touch him with jabs.

If he loses, i can see him retiring.

If he wins, then he'll get GSP but i could see the ufc screwing him out of that one too.

War Maia!

Maia will win if he can close distance and stay there. No flying knee attempts please.

Sounds like Maia has made peace with the fact that Woodley is going to execute him.

I kid, I kid!! I love me some Maia. :)

I know his style isn't for everybody but is there anyone that doesn't like Maia? He seems like a really down-to-earth and humble guy...Hope he can call himself UFC Champion before he ends his career.

giphy.gif

<mma4>

This. If Maia wins, he'll want that GSP fight, for sure. Wins the belt, defends it against arguably the WW goat, retires.

If that fight went to the ground would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure GSP would try to touch him with jabs.

GSP would be jabbing allllll night, maybe he takes down Maia VERY briefly...but if Maia couldn't get George down, my guess is it would look like GSP vs Shields.

Trying to parse a statement like that when the speaker's English is his second language is tricky. He could be trying to say something like winning the title would be the culmination or crowning achievement of his career, rather than hinting this is literally his last fight.

I hope a one trick pony doesn't become champ. Great guy but it's not what I want in a champion.

He tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter...

Well he's no spring chicken and it took him most of his prime to get a title shot against Anderson. I could see him hanging them up win or lose after this.

Elite in two divisions. I mean, what more does he have to prove?

Back