At WW, Maia has scored a takedown in every fight, will he against Woodley?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Maia has been very dominant with his TDs, but Woodley is a great wrestler. I'm thinking it will be difficult for him to take down Woodley.

I want to see him fake a TD into K-1 Maia to the dome

Woodley will never see it coming. I predict dese tings

I don't see him trying to wrestle Tyron to the ground via shooting in for doubles and singles.

I think he gets it to the ground by getting woodley up against the cage and using some sort of weird trip or half guard sweep, or lacing a leg and sneakily taking his back while standing.

I don't see him trying to wrestle Tyron to the ground via shooting in for doubles and singles.

I think he gets it to the ground by getting woodley up against the cage and using some sort of weird trip or half guard sweep, or lacing a leg and sneakily taking his back while standing.
Definitely. Maias only way of getting this to the ground is getting Woodley up against the cage and working one of his magical trips.

I'm actually really curious to see how Woodley approaches this fight.

If he doesn't get knot tha fuck out first then he'll probably get it to the ground tho

Have a feeling the good wood is going to cuck Maia.

I don't think Maia has the closing ability to get to Woodley. Maia might get decapitated before the start of the second round.

I honestly think Maia is going to look helpless against Woodley

He simply doesn't have the speed or strength to compete with him, to even get it to a spot where it becomes technique vs technique, imo

Hopefully i'm wrong though. I don't like seeing all those bumps on TW's abdomen in combination with him winning purely based on his physicality

If Maia can take down the bigger wrestler that is Sonnen then he will have no problem taking down Woodley.

Maia is gonna do what he does best....duck under a punch and shoot a single. I'm betting on a 2nd round submission win.

If Maia had the striking to set up his takedowns, I definitely think he would (like Rory did). Woodley will probably not respect Maia's striking at all and just look to defend the takedown, then explode. Shooting an open takedown against Woodley is extremely dangerous, especially in the first few rounds. It's not like Maia has a much better gas tank than Woodley as well.

If the fight went the distance I do think he'd be able to get Woodley to the ground. But it wouldn't be a traditional shot, and I don't think he'd keep him there. I see Woodley KOing him pretty early so I don't think it'll ever get to that point.

Providing he doesn't eat the big right hand, I think he gets it to the mat one way or another. Maia has a great takedown game and one of his advantages is he doesn't need to be on top. Makes it a lot harder to defend.

backpack shall not backpack this time
EZ mode for Woodley, i am sure he'll be focused

First thing that popped up in my head when this fight was announced:

2jg8b6d.gif

It will be hard, Woodley is expecting it, is a good wrestler and has been training on avoiding that.. while Maia is coming in rushed from UFC 211.

But I think Maia will pull it off, I'm rooting for him either way.

Back