I don't believe in the supposed talent gap? Explain how when all these guys train together

Isthat-yo bop

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I see vids of chandler training with Johnson. When all the talent is majority in five camps , aka, blackzillans(combat club, Greg Jackson , Att, Kings MMA. The talent gap dosent exist only used to push a narrative . Chuck was never the best 205er in the world. And randy was never the best HW. I use to belive in the suppose talent gap that shit and it had me miss out on many strikeforce cards . Never agaian , If the talent gap exist give me proof !!!!!!.

it feel slike champions frm other orgs do really well in the ufc. must be some kind of confidence boost.

how about gaetje getting rocked and socked by nr.5 ranked journeyman after being a champ welsewhere, or phil davis and ryan bader immediately being champs in bellator, hell davis got a damn KO win for the first time i ever saw

Well we already know nobody at 185 is going to beat up Yoel Romero. There's a massive talent gap between me and you, and we can train together every day and there's nothing you can do that will make nature forget that I'm 6'4. There are weight classes, but there aren't talent classes.

If the talent gap exist give me proof !!!!!!.

Have you ever trained anything where you competed as an individual?

I used to swim to a pretty decent level, I've been beaten by swimmers who went to the Olympics which doesn't mean much but it does mean I was at the level where I was in the same race as them.

I trained with people who were slower than me and some who were quicker than me. We did the same training, we swam together. We swam in a group not on our own so you had 10-12 people in a lane doing the same training sets and another 2 or 3 lanes of people also doing it.

So just because you can train with someone and you do the same thing in training it doesn't mean you're all at the same level when it comes to race/competition day.

I used to do judo too and the belt you had didn't determine who you trained with. I may have trained with blue or brown belts when I had my orange one but it doesn't mean I'd get anywhere near beating them in an actual competition.

Yeah over another UFC fighter. WEC, Strikeforce, and Pride showed they all had vastly superior talent than UFC had.
Lol, never seen such horse shit in my life, nobody came over from any of those orgs and became a dominant champion, literally not one, Anderson came from cage rage so he is the exception, the other exception is conor.

Well we already know nobody at 185 is going to beat up Yoel Romero. There's a massive talent gap between me and you, and we can train together every day and there's nothing you can do that will make nature forget that I'm 6'4. There are weight classes, but there aren't talent classes.
Being tall isn't a talent

Lol, never seen such horse shit in my life, nobody came over from any of those orgs and became a dominant champion, literally not one, Anderson came from cage rage so he is the exception, the other exception is conor.
Silva was mediocre in Pride
Aldo and Cruz came from WEC
Werdum, Lawler, Rockhold, Woodley (I'm probably forgetting more) have won UFC titles

You're talking shit mate

some people are better at some things than others

you dont need proof, just common sense

Silva was mediocre in Pride
Aldo and Cruz came from WEC
Werdum, Lawler, Rockhold, Woodley (I'm probably forgetting more) have won UFC titles

You're talking shit mate
Werdum fluked, Lawler was originally a ufc fighter, rockhold was a one hit wonder, woodley can be judged in the future,

and, U fukin wot m8?

Werdum fluked, Lawler was originally a ufc fighter, rockhold was a one hit wonder, woodley can be judged in the future,

and, U fukin wot m8?

Aldo and Cruz came and dominated UFC just like they had in WEC.

Ben Henderson also came from WEC's supposed "weaker LW" division but he kept winning in the UFC and eventually won the title.

Anderson lost a couple times in PRIDE, won a few in Cage Rage and then came to the UFC and didn't lose for 7 years.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria had already been fighting for over a decade, had been in more brutal wars than any other HW, yet he still was able to capture the UFC title in his zombified past prime state.

Werdum was never top 5 in PRIDE and may barely have been top 5 in Strikeforce. But once all the older HW legends began to fade away and Werdum trained with old school Cordeiro to improve his striking, Werdum managed to finish Cain to win the UFC gold.

Rampage beat UFC posterboy Chuck both in PRIDE and in the UFC four years later.

Shogun came into the UFC after multiple knee surgeries robbed his prime years, yet he was still able to win the UFC belt.

Rockhold, Woodley and Lawler came straight over from Strikeforce and took the UFC titles soon after. Sure, Lawler began in the UFC first but he went to other supposed "smaller" organizations for a few years and returned to the UFC to take the gold.

Look how Mark Hunt came in and destroyed all the UFC strikers like Kongo, Nelson and Struve.

Damn, there sure are a lot of guys who came in from PRIDE, WEC and Strikeforce that just came in to the UFC and were very successful. Not sure how you can argue that.

Back