If JBJ wrecks DC, what will you think of his reign?

UseARubberGuard

Wrap it up
@Brown
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I've considered DC nothing but a placeholder for the last couple of years. That's not necessarily his fault, but it's the way that I know a lot of people have thought about his title reign.

On the other hand, I know a lot of people now consider DC's reign to be entirely legitimate, and consider him to now be the best LHW in the world (Especially with JBJ's PED bust).

So the question is simple, if Jon comes back and wrecks DC will it change your view on his title reign or will it remain the same?

It adds another big win to what was already the most impressive resume in Mixed Martial Arts.

DC will be the second best LHW ever probably.

If he wins though, and can best him in a trilogy that would be crazy.

Impressive as fuck, especially considering he fucked around for a good chunk of his career.

If Jon Jones was white, he'd be on cereal boxes.

Just another stepping stone for the 205 GOAT.

Guess I didn't do a great job a wording my question.

Would this change how either of you think about DC's reign?
Oh my bad.

No, not at all. DC has had an awesome career and I wouldn't think less of him for losing to Jones twice. If he wins, I would want a trilogy for LHW GOAT, but him losing Saturday wouldn't really harm how I see his career.

Haha LOL, sorry!

No, I consider DC a legitimate champ. Jon screwed up on his own, not the fault of DC. If he wins it changes a lot, as he is then all of a sudden in GOAT contention. Probably still under Jones IMO as I would most likely blame it on ring rust or Jones losing the "it" factor. Within range of contention though where arguments can definitely be made.

If DC loses he is still clearly top 10 all-time though. If you fight plus 20 fights with only two losses at the hand of the GOAT, then you're an all-time-great.

It will confirm what I've known since his destroying of Shogun. Jones is the best LHW we've ever seen, possibly the GOAT in any weight class.

GOAT if he "wrecks him" coming off that layoff.

tumblr_m3jp3lKChF1qaybgdo4_250.gif

If DC loses, and I think he will, it will make his title run a complete joke. It will mean everything he had was only because Jones was gone.

If Bones dominates Cormier like he did the first time he'd be the undeniable GOAT.

If DC loses he can always move up to heavyweight and take the title there. Then JBJ will take that from him too. JBJ 2 division champ in 3 years thus solidifying goat status.

I'll be honest, I've considered DC nothing but a placeholder for the last couple of years. That's not necessarily his fault, but it's the way that I know a lot of people have thought about his title reign.

On the other hand, I know a lot of people now consider DC's reign to be entirely legitimate, and consider him to now be the best LHW in the world (Especially with JBJ's PED bust).

So the question is simple, if Jon comes back and wrecks DC will it change your view on his title reign or will it remain the same?
What if DC rekts JBJ? Then what will JBJ's legacy then be??

Juice head turkey? Only could win with dem roids?

This fight is only one fight for DC but a referendum on Jones' entire career and even existence. If he loses, his '0' is not only gone but he will be seen as a fraud.

Last edited:
Back