Even prime Michael Jordan wasn't the same when he was gone a while

NorrisB

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know they're different sports but didn't look that good after he came back from baseball that first year. Keep that in mind if you think Jon Jones will come back after an even longer layoff possibly minus PEDs to boot. In the same sport look at Cain he wasn't the same against Werdum. Maybe there is some hope for DC.

Last edited:
DC took nine months off after the Gus fight and after the Silva fight and no one said a fucking thing.

i dont think jon jones will come back as good as he once was. But even a washed up Jones can beat a 40 year old Dc.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, TS - thank you for this intelligent and useful thread

LOL @ Cain. Jones is another planet than Cain. Cain is/was so overrated. Sea level or otherwise..

Its all good, its DCs fans only glimmer of hope

Coming from a DC fan

Jones will prob be ruining peoples shit into his 40's like Spiders doing

didnt he win 3 rings after he came back (because of baseball right?)? i have no idea
[<cena1}

The FIRST retirement, yes. He got the second 3peat.

The second retirement, he was too old. But he was gone for years when he did that tho. Then he was definitely different.

But his first year back he lost to the Orlando Magic and went from averaging 32.6 to 26.9.
Bruh.... He played like 16 - 18 games that season and was still averaging that 27 ppg. Come on. You should have compared it to when he came back in '01 and was averaging like 20 ppg.

Jordan wasn't in the gym shooting jumpers and playing pick-up during all that time, he was playing baseball

Jones been in the cage all this time, just not on the stage.

Back