Who Says That A Fight Has To Start On The Feet?

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is there a rule stating that a fight must start on the feet?

Why I can't I stay on my knees and crawl towards my opponent? Why can't I do a forward ninja roll towards my opponents legs?

Grapplers are ALWAYS complaining about "MMA is unfair to grapplers because every fight has to start the feet," but is this a rule?

let me know.

Referee cannot start the round unless both fighters are on their feet.

<TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1>

Go back to the Jon Jones grappling Henderson thread where you first gave this stupid idea.

Why I can't I stay on my knees and crawl towards my opponent? Why can't I do a forward ninja roll towards my opponents legs?
Kd9Kl.gif

Jon Jones does that stupid crawl thing. I remember a season of TUF where I believe Rich Franklin gave someone the advice to drop to a knee or something like that.

I told you you were shit at making threads. Thanks for proving me right.

latest

If you want to start the fight laying on your back it's up to you.

Jones did that til vitor tried to soccer punt him, and big john said some shit like, "you're playing the game..."

Bunch of irrelevant comments, and no facts or truths.

So, there is no rule saying that the fight has to start on the feet.

Guessing the rule book. Why would refs force fighters to stand up when there is little action or the other fighter stands up and doesn't engage

Guessing the rule book. Why would refs force fighters to stand up when there is little action or the other fighter stands up and doesn't engage
Two different things. Fighters are asked to stand up to prevent stalling. If you have an opponent on the ground, you should be GnP or submitting, not laying on top of them doing nothing. Pretty simple rule that moves the fight towards a finish.

Everybody is a hardcore MMA fan since 10 years before UFC 1, and none of you know, if the rules state that fights must start on the ground? HAHA

I know both fighters are standing when the ref revises the basic rules, but then the ref asks both fighters to return to their corners, and says "fight."

At that point, who says that you have to be standing?

Back