Reason for Conors popularity?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Is it due to the fact that he is representing a nation which gives the fans a sense of involvement in terms of being part of something? I ask because in the spirit of team sports, many fans feel like they play some form of involvement in their teams success and that a team is a form of symbol that they are a part of.

Meanwhile, if a typical UFC fighter were to fight, people don't feel like they are part of that persons success since he is on his own journey and most fans cant really identify with him.

What do you think makes Conor so popular even though he never came to the UFC as an undefeated fighter?

Charisma + Wiseness + Intelligence = Good Trashtalk + Spectacular Finishes= Popularity + Richness = Greatness = Profit

repeat.

It's not just the Irish that like Conor or find him entertaining.

His personality and skill in promoting is the main reason people talk about him and see him alot.

CUZ HE CAN TALK AND BACK IT UP AND HAS 13 KNOCKDOWNS IN THE UFC AT 29 YEARS OLD AND WILL EASILY BREAK ANDERSON'S RECORD FOR MOST KNOCKDOWNS OF 17 IF HE DECIDES NOT TO RETIRE EARLY

For the same reason people love Trump. Weak minded people are always infatuated by those that appear to be strong and fearless.

For the same reason people love Trump. Weak minded people are always infatuated by those that appear to be strong and fearless.
That's some insightful stuff right there...it makes sense too.

He's compelling.

^^Has nothing to do with weak minds, stop projecting^^

Yeah because Arnold Schwarzenegger is totally weak minded lol

Swaggerjacking skills that make him the envy of every fat loser neckbeard.

giphy.gif

He's too cool for school.

No but really he stole Mayweather's playbook and he's white.

Charisma + Wiseness + Intelligence = Good Trashtalk + Spectacular Finishes= Popularity + Richness = Greatness = Profit

repeat.
He's not even good at trash talk. People like him so they like his trash talk. Conor could be like "it's past 9:30 isn't it your bedtime?" and people would go crazy.

FT5 s-ivory-coast-flag copy.jpg

There may only be a few million in Ireland but USA is fuc*king loaded with them.......I myself am 50% Irish....That explains why I like and hate him at the same time :)

He needs to respect ALL the fighters, not just the ones he does battle with.

People these days fucking love lippy shallowness.

Perfect mcchamp for the mctimes

Even if he was American or from any other English speaking country he would be just as popular. It's his personality, fighting style and crazy TKO power.

Because he comes to fight. Not point jab to run a clock or stalling laying on top so he doesn't get hit.

Even in his loss, he threw caution out and tried for a highlight finish for the fans instead of fundamental touch and go to protect some stats thinking P4P means shit.

He has a way of getting people excited for his fights, and then delivering. People like his aura of invincibility.

Back