How good do you think Alex Oliveria is?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So far he keeps on beating pretty good guys and looking good, I didnt like how he acted in the will brooks fight and have wanted him to lose since but I have to admit, the guys is a very good fighter, think he can make a run?

Very good fighter. Good size, good camp (ATT), solid muay thai, and a decent ground game (his weak point but he's working on it)

I think he could crack the top 5, especially since alot of older veterans in the top 5 will be calling it quits in the next year or two (Maia, Condit, and Lawler).

Nah, he can establish himself in the top 10 at best imo; his grappling is seriously lacking. Let's not forget that LaFlare was controlling him for the whole first round, and when Cerrone got ahold of him he absolutely son'd him on the ground with ease. He'd have to get some really favourable matchmaking to get near the title.

Nah, he can establish himself in the top 10 at best imo; his grappling is seriously lacking. Let's not forget that LaFlare was controlling him for the whole first round, and when Cerrone got ahold of him he absolutely son'd him on the ground with ease. He'd have to get some really favourable matchmaking to get near the title.
Laflare went 5 rounds with Maia, so he's pretty damn strong on the ground, and Cerrone won most of his fights by submission so no shame there. I like Oliveira's chances against most of 170.

Extremely athletic, hits very hard, difficult to take down and hold down.

I thought his striking was good, then I thought he got exposed against Means in the first fight and then he comes back to overpower and submit means then knockout la flare with a counter uppercut.

I think he's pretty damn good I think he could go far and I hope I see him continue to improve his all around game.

He's a helluva fighter. Very dynamic, but he is so weird and gives off a creepy vibe, to me anyway.

He is PPV main card material.

Great fighter who does his part to make fun fights.

Think he peaks against top 10... but for sure could have top 10 upsets

JBG approved fighter

Hes a weird dude but in terms of excitement he's definitely main card material

Oliveira took that fight on very short notice and has improved his grappling a lot since then. Considering Cerrone has faded since then but Oliveira has improved I'd say Oliveira wins the rematch

He struggles with any top 5 guy.

Solid journeyman at best contender but I doubt. He got smoked by Cowboy in Cowboy's WW debut.

Very good fighter. Good size, good camp (ATT), solid muay thai, and a decent ground game (his weak point but he's working on it)

I think he could crack the top 5, especially since alot of older veterans in the top 5 will be calling it quits in the next year or two (Maia, Condit, and Lawler).
Dude Condit hasn't made a sounds for over a year

I didnt like how he acted in the will brooks fight and have wanted him to lose since but I have to admit, the guys is a very good fighter, think he can make a run?

I felt the same way about Oliver before I heard a post fight interview. Brooks had called him a motherfucker and he took it literally. Lmao.

Language barrier. He said he acted that way because Brooks talked bad about his family and how he's always been a very respectful guy.

Considering Cerrone has faded since then but Oliveira has improved I'd say Oliveira wins the rematch

Because he lost to Masvidal, he is "faded" and he would lose to Oliveira?

<LikeReally5>

Come on man. They weren't even in the same league in that fight and it was clear. Masvidal would slap Oliveira around too IMO.

For some reason this dude just screams Melvin Guillard to me.

All the athletic talent in the world, but seems to lack some serious fight IQ/actual IQ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back