Jon Jones - "DC has made almost zero progression in the last 2 years"

And someone hasn't even fought in 2 years

{<huh}

Not a Cormier fan but that isn't correct. Dude destroyed Rumble. This is going to be a tough fight for both. #CleanPiss #MakeWeight !!!

Can't comment on Jones' progression because I can't remember the last time he fought.

DC has declined

he used to be so fast that he could cover distance very quickly and transition between wrestling and striking, faster than his opponents could react
cormier3.gif

now hes too slow for that. in his first fight with rumble, he was able to close the distance between rumbles strikes. in the rematch he couldnt and was getting blasted until rumble closed the distance for him

the only thing he can do now is "grind" by pressing people into the cage and taking them down. idk how he plans to do that against an opponent who can do this

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

RIP daniel SNOREmier
<JonesDXSuckIt>

- Made Rumble quit twice.
- Dominated Silva (yes he is a MW and old).
- Basically performed the exact same against Gus as Jones did.

He did all this after facing Jones so I'm not sure how Jones can say he didn't make any progression.

Jones has regressed in the last 2 years.

I absolutely agree. The best DC fought Jon Jones and lost. So, how is an older unimproved DC going to do better?

The weight cut is going to be a nightmare too. Jones is already at 217. DC is probably 230. Good luck!

Last I remember, USADA Bones was struggling vs gatekeeper OSP.

Then gets popped for PED maskers...

<Durant35>

That's not a wild claim at all. How many fighters are improving at his age, let alone adding new pieces to their games and improving on the whole?

What are the new elements of his game?

And what progression has Jon gone through? Showing up to mandatory PO meetings? I'm sure he's knocked out some community service by now as well.

Lol he finished Rumble twice (guy Jones ducked) and decisively besmirched Gus. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN GET POPPED FOR PEDS!!! lmfao

DC has declined

he used to be so fast that he could cover distance very quickly and transition between wrestling and striking, faster than his opponents could react
cormier3.gif

now hes too slow for that. in his first fight with rumble, he was able to close the distance between rumbles strikes. in the rematch he couldnt and was getting blasted until rumble closed the distance for him

the only thing he can do now is "grind" by pressing people into the cage and taking them down. idk how he plans to do that against an opponent who can do this

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

RIP daniel SNOREmier
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Yep, Jones just turned 30 and is still in his physical prime. However, 2 years can make a big difference (in a bad way) for a fighter in their late 30s like Cormier. Outside of personal problems that could affect Jones' training or performance, it's his fight to lose.

And what progression has Jon gone through? Showing up to mandatory PO meetings? I'm sure he's knocked out some community service by now as well.

He allegedly has been spending a ton of time training BJJ. More so than usual.

A year of concentrated training in BJJ as a rich man (privates) could easily correlate to a huge upswing in his ground game.

dc is not the same, that's true, but still damn good and capable of beating ring rusted jj

Back