Revisionist History with Jones-Cormier I

george14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Getting amped for this rematch. At work bored and just watched the full replay of the first fight on YouTube. Had it 48-47 live and on replay. There is no argument Cormier won, but going into the 5th round it was even to me. Is it MMA in general or just the Jones fanboys who think this was some blowout? Or was it because these guys hate each other so much, the one fanbase has to exaggerate the victory?

Makes me wonder how many people actually watched the full fight or scored it because it's either 48-47 Jones or 49-46 Jones. But I thought it was very competitive and will be again.

The pillows need fluffing and the sheets need wiped down!

Go back to work! Damn, what are we paying you for George?

* no arguement jones won

Might want to fix that before shit gets out of hand

That said, war DC!!!

Edit: lol I guess he meant he is not arguing that D.C. Won, I misunderstood

Last edited:
I think it's viewed as a blowout because of the incredible hype around DC's wrestling going into the first fight. No one had ever out wrestled DC and a very loud and vocal group of people were making stupid claims about DC being able to take down Jones at will, that he would throw Jones around in the air worse than Henderson, DC himself said he could take Jones down 100 out of 100 times.

Then the fight happened and we saw DC struggle to get Jones down and it seemed like Jones was the one who could take DC down at will. This was something no one had ever seen before.

It's like seeing Conor knocked down over and over again by someone throwing left hooks.

So, to many, that left an impression that Jones steamrolled DC.

Ughhh... you must work for the cable company with that work ethic!

I'd say it was clear Jones won. Definitely not one sided.

* no arguement jones won

Might want to fix that before shit gets out of hand

That said, war DC!!!!!
I think that's what he was saying but it is worded a little funny, think he meant he's not arguing that cormier won

Getting amped for this rematch. At work bored and just watched the full replay of the first fight on YouTube. Had it 48-47 live and on replay. There is no argument Cormier won, but going into the 5th round it was even to me. Is it MMA in general or just the Jones fanboys who think this was some blowout? Or was it because these guys hate each other so much, the one fanbase has to exaggerate the victory?

Makes me wonder how many people actually watched the full fight or scored it because it's either 48-47 Jones or 49-46 Jones. But I thought it was very competitive and will be again.
49-46 maybe, maybe 48-47 but I don't see it

Clear win for Jones but the fight wasn't anywhere near a blowout.

The accepted meme here that is constantly repeated is it was a one-sided blowout that wasn't competitive, Jones won easily, etc...

I gave DC rounds 2 & 3, and had it 48-47 for Bones at the end.

I think this fight will be even closer, Rooting for DC to turn the tables and get the nod.

Was a close fight for 3 rounds then DC checked out.. I got it 3 rounds to 2 or 3/1/1 draw. Point is Jones got 3 rounds and the hype of the failing to take him down got to all perceptions.

Who gives a fuck about the first fight ?

They're fighting in a few days fellas. Try to keep up, alright.

11215168.gif

I had:

1 Jones
2 Cormier
3 Cormier
4 Jones
5 Jones

With the exception of round four, every single second of the bout was closely contested and extremely intense. It was a dog fight. It is definitely plausible that DC can make adjustments and win a decision.

I think that's what he was saying but it is worded a little funny, think he meant he's not arguing that cormier won
Ah I see, haha...used to using that turn of phrase to affirm a statement lol, I guess I need to make the edit

@submerged88

Yeah thats funny about DC and the wrasslin,the rematch interview he steps no where near the wrasslin talk smh

Now he claims hes going to pick Jones apart on the feet?!??
<36>

C'mon, son. DC was hanging in there for the first three rounds then he wasn't even there for the last two.

Stop being hipster.

It was competitive the first three rounds but rounds 4 and 5 weren't as competitive. I think I had DC winning 1 round (either 2 or 3) but that was it.

If anything, there's a dumb meme of people pretending that it was closer than it was.
Close? Sure. But there was a definitive winner. D.C. Was competitive but outclassed.
Very similar to pulver vs faber.

When watching live I gave DC round 2 and that's all.

The picture of Jon Jones holding DC's head played a big part in people pretending DC got his ass kicked.

The first three rounds were reasonably competitive, but the final two were somewhat lopsided, Jones clearly won the "fight as a whole", Jones beat DC at his main strength, and DC is even older.

Outside of the usual qualifiers, there isn't any particular reason to expect this fight to go off-script, where Jones clearly beats DC (perhaps not in a blowout or finish, but such that there is no controversy whatsoever).

Back