Jose Aldo Targeting November Return; December At The Latest. No Preference For Opppnent

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Who do you wanna see him fight? I think Aldo vs. Swanson II makes alot of sense.

Aldo needs a guy like Siver or Elkins for his return

He's not on a 3 fight losing streak lol

Swanson makes sense but I doubt Cub takes it since he believes he should be fighting for a title shot right now lol

I think the only fight that Cub would take besides a title shot would be Aldo, as a chance to get revenge, but it'd need to be a five rounder. Make it the main event for the China card in November. That or the Sydney fight night since I doubt they're going to put Whittaker's title fight on a fight night.

Still think Aldo beats Holloway 9/10.

Cub makes sense..but i always wanted to see Aldo vs jeremy Stephens, wouldn't mind Aldo getting the Winner of melendez vs stephens

Cub needs to avenge one of his losses and Aldo would be a good start, would also backup his title shot talks.

Im sure that quick flying knee wreckage still haunts him, I dont see why Cub isnt screaming for this fight

roflmao!!! He is still butthurt about Conor McGregor. Cry a river, build a bridge, get over it and move on. Conor's not even thinking about you.

I like the idea of a Elkins type fight. If he beats Cub he is right back as number one contender. Would rather hold off on Max vs Aldo 2 or Edgar vs Aldo 3.

cant wait for another exposed "GOAT" to go 0-4 with 4 concussions

at this moment in time only Jonathan Jones has a legitimate claim on being the GOAT

aldo has never been champion

he never won a belt they gave him 2 fake ones.

yair vs aldo.
if he dies, he dies

A rematch with Swanson is the obvious choice but I'd actually not mind seeing Knight face him if he beats Lamas and comes out healthy enough. Or getting a little more out there, if Yair Rodriguez is healthy, have them go at it. I also like the Elkins option. Lots of possibilities for him without the title and barring a brutal loss, I think they all are roughly the same road back to a title fight for him.

cant wait for another exposed "GOAT" to go 0-4 with 4 concussions

at this moment in time only Jonathan Jones has a legitimate claim on being the GOAT

I think gsp might have something to say about that. I don't remember gsp losing his title via public disgrace.

On track though I'm hoping for Jose vs cub. I'm thinking that'd be a great scrap even though the 1st wasn't. Makes the most sense for both fighters as well

155 has gotten too big for Aldo. He belongs at 145.

It's crazy he used to be considered a big FW. But now guys like Khabib, Ferguson and Lee are way too big for someone like Aldo.

Look forward to his return and finding out who he fights.

Aldo vs Cub makes sense.

Although I'm not sure if I really want to see Aldo continue much longer, the skill is still there but since the second Mendes fight his durability seems to have taken a massive hit, he had never even been dropped going into that fight, and now he's been ko'd twice since.

It would such to see him losing to fighters he should easily beat because he can't take a shot anymore.

Back