Why I think DC will beat Jones in the rematch.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Forget about all Jones problems, long layoff, OSP-fight etc.

Go back to the first fight where I think DC underestimated Jones wrestling (“I will take you down 100 times”).

DC wasted too much energy trying to do that.

For this fight I think DC will try to beat Jones standing up.

Remember DC did very well boxing with Gustafsson, who is one of the best boxers in the UFC.

I think the interview they did recently kind of hinted what DC is going to do.

We will see if it works out that way.

I think this fight depends a lot on what state Jones is in. Also I'm not sure if DC is a better standup fighter than Jones anyways...

DC tried to strike with him for mostly the whole fight in 2015 anyway.. and still lost. I don't see what you're getting at...

DC's beating this punk.

COME ON DC

everything can happen in this fight, DC was a monster. can't forget how he toyed Hendo but he is getting older and his fight against Silva was just shit

Didn't DC almost get knocked out by Gus? lol

DC isn't getting any better so he has to hope the drugs ban and the year off means he faces a Jones who's a lot worse than last time.
I don't see how DC wins.

If the old Jones shows up DC will lose even if he doesn't gas and the whole fight is on the feet.

Mmm. Jones used his reach advantage well in the 1st fight - though he landed some good shots when they tied up and one or two on the outside.

I think he needs to keep his head together in there. Not get flustered if he gets taken down. And use set ups to try land a big overhand - one he nearly landed on Rumble in their 2nd fight which would have stiffened him up.

I don't think the OSP fight is any gauge to use as Jones looking rusty and as if his skill level has suddenly dropped. The more aggressive someone comes at Jones, the more aggressive he gets, and he's not like the Jones of old who would go for the finish and seems more tactically minded.

Jon expects DC to strike alot more, and will dominate him at his own game again. DC retires as the #2 LHW of all time

True story, this is what I dreamt last night, first time ever to dream about a fight (so cut me some slack): DC was lighting AJ up with punches, then suddently AJ transforms into Jon Jones (this is all happening in my backyard, btw), DC then graps some gardening tool and starts STABBING Jones with it, litterally killing him, and he dies in my backyard, bleeding from a huge wound in his chest.

Not saying this is gonna come true, but it was one hell of a dream.

[

Go back to the first fight where I think DC underestimated Jones wrestling (“I will take you down 100 times”).

Remember DC did very well boxing with Gustafsson, who is one of the best boxers in the UFC.

Yea DC has better boxing than jones by far and landed good shots on Jones during the earlier rounds although haters deny it.

The biggest problem for DC was Jone's long range body shots which DC had no defense against.
They not only gave Jones the lead on points but more importantly sapped DC's energy and caused him to ga which lead to him losing the wrestling game.

That said though DC has been training with decorated kickboxers taller than Jones so its possible he has improved his strike defense but unlikely its not an easy thing to train.

Jones UD 7/10 times.

I am leaning towards Jones winning BUT DC is a big underdog and IMO a good bet. He was +300 when I put money on him. DC won the first two rounds in their first fight IMO.

I could see DC winning this. I dislike him and do feel like he is a paper champ. That said JJ did not impress me at all in his last fight and with everything that has been going on im not sure he hasnt lost his mojo. I feel he is probably the most talented fighter on the roster but a huge part of this game is mental and the ability to confidently execute. He seemed a little timid and off in his last fight.

You may have a point. Go back and watch the first fight and pay close attention to the end of the first round. DC had jones wobbled and I don't think he realized it. If he had started the flurry earlier, he may have had a knockdown. jones is so dazed that he raises his hands up, after the round, as if the fight was over and then stumbles around looking for his corner. When he gets to the corner, it takes him a couple of tries to get the water bottle in his mouth. I think he has been stunned, before, a few times in his other fights but is really good at hiding it. My question, for DC, is if age has caught up with him, does that negate jones "ring rust"?

Jones is a much better, more diverse striker, with a reach advantage. Don't see how DC trying to beat him standing would be a good idea.

Back