44% larger

What? I thought they always had the same size on the octagons? <Eek2.0>

2 différents sizes
Small & big event

Diameter 25' & 30'

(518ft2 or 746ft2)

20% wider
44% larger

Thanks, bro, you seem to know your stuff. Which size was used in the first UFC tournament?

Thanks, bro, you seem to know your stuff. Which size was used in the first UFC tournament?
Oh, God they weren't the same I think

They used the same since the Zuffa era , would have to do some research tbh

Maybe someone who has a UFC encyclopedia would know. Some early fights had massive cages, larger than the current large PPV cage. The fence heights were a little lower than they currently have, which is a little strange. Guessing when Tank tried to toss someone over it changed.

www.google.com

"How many UFC octagon sizes are there"

When I googled this, it took me to www.ufc.com and on their website it states the octagon is 750 square feet and measures 30 feet across and 6 feet high.

Counter/defensive and fighters that like to "run" don't like the 25 footer

State Athletic commissions choose which one to use. Very few choose the smaller

I think at least 3. That UFC 200 one looked like a small field.

I remember when they did 3 events 3 days in a row in Vegas and used different sizes for some reason. Seems completely illogical, but I've heard a number of conspiracy theories about bigger cages being used when they want their striking cash cow to not get grinded by wrestlers.

I hate the fact that there's different sizes. All basketball courts, soccer fields, football fields are the same size for a reason. Different sizes makes fights different, gives certain advantages and disadvantages. If you want a sport to be legit things like this have to be standard.

I hate the fact that there's different sizes. All basketball courts, soccer fields, football fields are the same size for a reason. Different sizes makes fights different, gives certain advantages and disadvantages. If you want a sport to be legit things like this have to be standard.

Football (soccer) pitches are all different sizes actually

Unless something has recently changed it's two sizes.

I don't think soccer fields are the same size, and I'm pretty sure baseball fields aren't either.

I don't think soccer fields are the same size, and I'm pretty sure baseball fields aren't either.
I just learned about the soccer fields! I did NOT know that! Baseball fields are definitely different in terms of their outer edges but I believe the inner diamond is a standard size; but still I feel in fighting, having different sized cages makes a much larger difference than other sports. It affects the game plan and effectiveness of certain disciplines

They almost always use the larger cage I can only think of 4-5 occasions where they used the smaller and there weren't any HWs on the card

Back