Gastelum vs RDA?

MuyThaiElbows

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Gastelum coming back to WW next and I think his comeback fight at 170 against RDA would be perfect especially with RDA coming off a win. Winner would create another contender for the belt and would be an interesting match. Thoughts?

RDA should fight Magny, Cowboy Brazil, or Covington. Gastelum if he comes back to WW needs an easier fight. Rick Story or Ben Saunders

Is it confirmed that Gastelum is going back to WW?

I thought he did fine in the Weidman fight but lacked movement to throw off Weidmans shot. Also was way too complacent giving up positions during grappling exchanges.

But that being said I wouldn't mind it being a 5 Rounder FN headliner.

<mma4>

Is it confirmed that Gastelum is going back to WW?

I thought he did fine in the Weidman fight but lacked movement to throw off Weidmans shot. Also was way too complacent giving up positions during grappling exchanges.

But that being said I wouldn't mind it being a 5 Rounder FN headliner.

<mma4>

Dude was obviously undersized. Got out-muscled in pretty much every scramble

Gastelum coming back to WW next and I think his comeback fight at 170 against RDA would be perfect especially with RDA coming off a win. Winner would create another contender for the belt and would be an interesting match. Thoughts?
Big mistake on the move, if true. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to losing to Weidman. Gas missed weight 3x at 170. Can still amke an imapct at 185.

Unless Kelvin wants an easier fight, the shallowness of the WW division doesn't justify him not getting a title shot immediately. Or at the very least a TOP 3 fight - Wonderboy, Lawler or Woodley/Maia.

Also, RDA is just getting started, let him ease into it. The dude is great and severely underrated, don't burn him off just yet.

Big mistake on the move, if true. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to losing to Weidman. Gas missed weight 3x at 170. Can still amke an imapct at 185.

While Gastelum has certainly already made an impact at 185 the upper echelon of the division is comprised of very large grapplers in Rockhold, Romero, Souza & Weidman. And as the fight showed us, that will be a very difficult matchup style and block of fighters to overcome.

So, lets give a monster at 170, should he make weight, a fight against a 155r at 170?

Give him Souza. A win puts both fighters in contention again. If he goes to WW then let him fight Masvidal.

He'd beat the everloving shit out of RDA

I think RDA left Kings for his last camp but wouldnt they be able to gameplan against him super hard if Kelvin fought him since Kelvin is at Kings now?

I mean Id watch any good fight, but Kelvin is a big WW and RDA is a big LW.....

They used to train together I believe. Both at kings.. think that might hinder that

While Gastelum has certainly already made an impact at 185 the upper echelon of the division is comprised of very large grapplers in Rockhold, Romero, Souza & Weidman. And as the fight showed us, that will be a very difficult matchup style and block of fighters to overcome.
This. Kelvin is a dangerous fighter and showed he could drop a bigger opponent with one shot, but when it comes to grappling he'd get rag dolled against Yoel, Jacare, and Rockhold. Weidman showed that and I think it's best that Gastelum at least tries to get back down to 170 at least one more time. He could be the WW champ if he can make weight.

RDA is a natural 170'er. He was killing his body cutting to 155 hence the reason why he moved up.

Maybe.

Its just odd putting him against a guy who was forced to go to 185 because he kept missing 171. Lets have Kelvin fight legit 170 guys, not blown up 155rs.

I don't want Kelving fighting anymore old men or even dudes smaller than him.

Dude was obviously undersized. Got out-muscled in pretty much every scramble
And once Chris adjusted to his speed and power really could not servely hurt chris (yeah i know the knock down but chris recovered very quickly)

Back