Is there anyone here who was always a Weidman fan?

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was first compelled to him for his prospect status. I heard about him defeating Bader and Davis in wrestling and crushing Hall. I witnessed his rib injury debut, his finishes over Bonfeldt, Lawlor, and Munoz. Thought he was a killer and chose him to dethrone Silva. Then people call both fights a fluke. Denounce his defenses over brazillians past their prime

And then revel at his losing streak and praise USADA. Chris has never popped for anything. Things were looking morose for him, but I'm happy to see him find success. You want to criticize him for his word choice and ideas, well he's not always the most articulate. Or his family and team, you think they are cringey. Well I think Longo and Serra are awesome. Maybe not the best team, but standup people. His dad is hilarious

So before I take any of those social things into account, remember the fightng. Awesome grappling game

i always liked him

most people who aren't butthurt Anderson fans did

I was impressed when he beat Machida and thought he would beat all 3 of the guys he lost against going into those fights, I also think he would beat Jacare. He strikes me as a fighter who is good everywhere but he makes some poor judgment decisions (while fighting) I'm not really a fan but I respect his ability and generally expect him to win. I think his losses were more from the mistakes he made in those fights rather than anything to do with USADA, that said for (at least) one of his fights his T/E ratio was super suspect so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he popped for something at some point.

Hi. Fan since I saw the beauty of his standing guillotine choke in his second UFC fight.

Last edited:
I used to like him, but around the Vitor fight he started being so whiny and then he lost and started making excuses. Now he beat a WW and acts like he just KO'd Stipe or something and says that he's the real champ and everyone knows it. Dude no one, even Weidman Sr. thinks you're the real champ

I would like to see him rematch Rockhold sometime

Always been a big fan of Weidman.

Knew he'd beat Anderson with ease and said after his first fight in the UFC

No, I was always a hater and thoroughly enjoyed him getting rekt 3 times in a row. I would, however, root for him if he faces Bisping.

I wasn't a fan but gained respect after he beat Silva, Belfort and Machida. I thought he would beat Rockhold easily. I also thought the UFC was throwing Romero under the bus when they put him up against Weidman and was shocked in the way he lost that fight. I thought he was trying to take the easy way out of the Mouse fight and lost some respect for him. I cant help but admire the guy for coming back after 3 tough losses in a row though. I could imagine it would be hard not to doubt yourself after 3 losses in a row like that.

I didn't like him when he beat Maia, especially with him taking the fight on short notice. I don't like how he won that fight. No one did really. I believe that fight got Maia relegated down a division.

But then he had a spectacular KO against Munoz and he started building up a good following, though no one really took him seriously as a threat to to the title.

He only got that shot because all other plans failed- the last one being Evans losing to Rogerio. Yes, MW had so few contenders that they were going to give a shot to a LHW, but yea Evans lost... and Anderson HAD to fight Weidman and really did bully him all the way up to the fight.

What really surprised me was how plenty of pros had Weidman winning that fight, GSP included... and GSP is one of my role-models, and someone I really respect- so when HE said that Weidman is going to beat Anderson I was shocked. I didn't see 'it' in Weidman at that point, but GSP obviously rolled with him so he knew what was up.

And yea, Weidman proved himself to be elite accordingly. Good on him.

I was first compelled to him for his prospect status. I heard about him defeating Bader and Davis in wrestling and crushing Hall. I witnessed his rib injury debut, his finishes over Bonfeldt, Lawlor, and Munoz. Thought he was a killer and chose him to dethrone Silva. Then people call both fights a fluke. Denounce his defenses over brazillians past their prime

And then revel at his losing streak and praise USADA. Chris has never popped for anything. Things were looking morose for him, but I'm happy to see him find success. You want to criticize him for his word choice and ideas, well he's not always the most articulate. Or his family and team, you think they are cringey. Well I think Longo and Serra are awesome. Maybe not the best team, but standup people. His dad is hilarious

So before I take any of those social things into account, remember the fightng. Awesome grappling game
That's NEVER been my boy!

I liked Weidman until the Mousasi fight when he tried to milk what he thought were illegal knees. He's telling the ref he's seeing more than one Mousasi, then he's all of a sudden fine when he finds out they were legal knees because he realised the fight might get stopped. Then he sits there and whines about the fight being stopped. He lost me as a fan when that happened.

I first caught wind of him at the time of the first silva fight, revisited his matches, been a fan ever since

Been a fan for a long time, met him in Vegas before and after the leg break and he's a sound dude,
My favourite fighter of all time is mousasi and I picked Weidman in that bout and I was one of few all over him against KG

Sure his dads a weirdo and he's a bit cringey but he's a good dude with a good story and I respect him as a man

Dude was homeless when he fought the GOAT and no one gave him a prayer of a chance
He's a working class example of hard work to me

I still think both Silva fights were flukey. Not that he wasn't good but that he was lucky in both fights. Also still think his striking is overrated to this day, and was awfully overrated because he KO'd Anderson. But I've come around on his overall game and saying he lost 3 cuz he roids is just nonsense. He's looked good in those losses, but also never had the best cardio, even going back to the Lyoto fight. Competition is the reason for his mixed success, MW's stacked.

Back