Card of the Year?

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yesterday was an absolutely killer event, from start to finish. Wade looked very good, Albini ran a clinic, Kennedy and Bochniak had an absolute war, Sherman looked much improved, LaFlare and Olivera had a total war, as did dos Santos and Good. Anders hit an amazing counter KO as well.

Rivera and Almeida was an excellent, even war, Cummins showed tons of heart, Bermudez and Elkins was another war and great fight. Finally, the main event had both fighters looking very dangerous, and Weidman looking the best he has in a long time.

9/10 imo.

Fights were just so damn competitive on the main card. Im afraid lack of star power cost them ratings. It's hard because they do a ton of events and household names don't come all the time.

I want a strong and dedicated vast audience but that's asking for a lot. WME best be prudent and optimistic

What's your point?

that it wasn't a good CARD.

in contrast, next week's ppv actually looks like a great card. it may or may not be entertaining, but the card is solid. at least the main card is.

that it wasn't a good CARD.

in contrast, next week's ppv actually looks like a great card. it may or may not be entertaining, but the card is solid. at least the main card is.

You can talk about a card "on paper" or about it in terms of the fights themselves as they played out. I was obviously talking about the latter.

You can talk about a card "on paper" or about it in terms of the fights themselves as they played out. I was obviously talking about the latter.
that's not the card, though.

it could be a great event, but the card was clearly unattractive. hence, the low rating.

What's your point?

Obviously his point is,as most noob mma "fans" think,ratings are all that matter and the only fights that make sense are the fights that get the best ratings and ppv buys.The event was NOT good according to Nooby McWhitebelt because it didn't do great ratings so therefore how could it have been a good event?

Obviously his point is,as most noob mma "fans" think,ratings are all that matter and the only fights that make sense are the fights that get the best ratings and ppv buys.The event was NOT good according to Nooby McWhitebelt because it didn't do great ratings so therefore how could it have been a good event?

I think he was just trying to say that I meant 'event' rather than 'card'. But yeah, either way it was sort of beside the point.

6d28e8528a821c977ae8456664828762.jpg

Card of the year? Wow... It was an OK card, that's it. Don't understand why they didn't put Oliveira on the main card and I still have no idea who dos Santos and Lyman Good are. The Cummins-Villante fight was also a bit of a stinker.

Great card.
I called the card stacked 1 week before it happened, and most of the casual sherdoggers called me retarded and laughed at me for doing so.

No WMMA, too.

I reckon the free cards have out performed the PPV's this year in terms of exciting fights.
Even the PPV's that look really good on paper have turned out to be disappointing.

Hopefully the Cormier vs Jones 2 card will deliver. I'm sure it will

Back